Moode Forum

Full Version: Accidentally turned of eth0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think i have accidentally turned off the eth0!
I was fooling around trying to get BT working - and now have no access!
Is it possible to turn it back on via ssh?
Thanks
MG
"Is it possible to turn it back on via ssh?"
ssh runs over eth0 so if you've turned it off you can't ssh in....

If you were trying bluetooth you must have a Pi 3B or B+ ? so do you have wifi connectivity ?

If all else fails connecting a monitor and keyboard should give you access but if you haven't made huge changes to your install or added music to the sd card then it might just be quicker to re-image and setup. That would at least return MoOde to a known good state sans your "fooling around with BT" :-)
(02-10-2019, 07:40 PM)DRONE7 Wrote: [ -> ]"Is it possible to turn it back on via ssh?"  
ssh runs over eth0 so if you've turned it off you can't ssh in....

If you were trying bluetooth you must have a Pi 3B or B+ ?  so do you have wifi connectivity ?

If all else fails connecting a monitor and keyboard should give you access but if you haven't made huge changes to your install or added music to the sd card then it might just be quicker to re-image and setup. That would at least return MoOde to a known good state sans your "fooling around with BT" :-)

Duh!! If I can get in w/ ssh - then ethernet is working! Must be something else - I will re- image.
Thanks for waking me up! I will be interested to find out what happened though.
MG