Moode Forum

Full Version: V4.4 Spotify - track selection problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Just recently came back to my Moode player after a good 6 months and upgraded from 4.2 to 4.4 and decided to give the Spotify renderer a go.

My basic problem is that if I try to change tracks by directly selecting a new track from the album list, the current track just pauses, then starts again from the point where I started playing it. The Spotify UI (on an iPad) acknowledges the attempt to change track by briefly greying the new selected track (coincident with the pause), but that’s it and the currently playing track resets to the start point (which may be in the middle of a track if I switch to a different renderer, select a different track ok then let it play a while then switch back to the moode renderer). If I scroll through the track with the slider, attempted track changes causes playback to go back to the last scroll point.

I’ve tried pausing the track before trying to switch, but that has no effect.

Changing track with the next / previous buttons works fine.

Is this a known behaviour?
I just started to experience the same problem.
The spotify integration in moode still worked fine yesterday.
The spotify app on my android phone received no updates in the recent past.
Also happens when trying to change tracks on my Windows Laptop.

The "Next Track" and "Previous Track" Buttons still work (as swiping on the android app).
Just clicking on a track to change to doesn't work any more.
Update:
It seems that Spotify changed something on their end.
Issue https://github.com/librespot-org/librespot/issues/288in the librespot github-repo (opened today) looks like the same problem.
Thx for the update.

-Tim
(02-19-2019, 08:32 PM)theengineer Wrote: [ -> ]Update:
It seems that Spotify changed something on their end.
Issue https://github.com/librespot-org/librespot/issues/288in the librespot github-repo (opened today) looks like the same problem.

Thanks, I'll keep on eye on that.

Typical - on the very day I install and try to use a feature, it breaks. I promise I'll be more careful with my toys in future. :-)
The issue has been fixed and pulled into the master codebase of librespot.
I just pulled the code and recompiled it on my RPi 3 (section 4B of Build Recipe - MoodeAudio, but with the fresh code pulled from github).
Works again as expected Big Grin

Note to the devs: Please include a librespot binary not older than 22.02.2019 for the next V4.5 release (and thank you for your great work).
How did you pull the code?
- zip download of master
- zip download of latest commit
- git clone of master
I just did a quick 'git clone' of the master on the RPi and worked with that. (I checked prior if the fix had already been merged with the master) If the exact commit height is important, I may check it back home.
Not important but i always got an error if I tried to build from either the zip download of master or a specific commit.

I'll have to do the build on an armv6 (ZeroW) so the resulting binary will run on both armv6 and v7. It takes many hours to compile on the mighty Zero.
Strange - worked like a charm for me.
And I do not envy you having to do the compilation on an RPi Zero.

In the meanwhile I would be glad if anybody finds a need for my binary:
Commit height = daeeeaa (Link to Github)
Built on RPi 3 (not compatible with RPi 1 & Zero)
Download Link

1. Copy the binary to your RPi (Filezilla / SCP)
  2. Disable the Spotify renderer service in the webinterface (Config --> Audio)
  3. Move the binary to /usr/local/bin/librespot
  4. Re-enable the renderer
Pages: 1 2 3 4