Moode Forum

Full Version: Plexamp Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello - I've searched the forum but can't find anything which relates to this question.

Theoretically could I install Plexamp within Moode to give me the ability to throw my Plex library at my Moode player/s? It's the only missing functionality that I need to access my large PMS music server and stream around my house.

https://forums.plex.tv/t/plexamp-for-ras...tes/368282

Sorry if this has already been addressed.

Thanks,
so, I attempted installing this tonight via the steps outlined in this post.

Step 2. was a little confusing - fortunately I had already installed a version of plexamp on my mac so I had a server.json file stored locally. I assume this holds the login details for my PMS server. I SFTP'd it to my pi otherwise I'm not sure how you'd complete this step.

Quote:Get a server.json file from existing Plexamp install, install in
Code:
/home/pi/.config/Plexamp/
. Sign out and back into your existing install to get a new identifier/token.

It seems to be working quite nicely with the Plex app on my Android device. This was all I really required - the ability to browse and play my remote music library using the app via my RPI2 + Hifiberry DAC. It has quiet a nice interface for playing music from the library.

[Image: jYhHV2U.png] [Image: 6yJfSUB.png]

Would this be something that could be implemented into Moode player natively? The ability to configure Plexamp via Moode UI would be awesome. Not to mention volume control + multi-room etc.

Have fun!
thanks, I've been looking for something like this. I've been a long time Plex user and it certainly has an appealing UI etc and would be a great addition to the growing list of powerful features in Moode. 

I was able to install plexamp using the instructions you linked to and it works...very well in fact! Only thing is it doesn't seem to let go of the ALSA device and I can't play anything else on Moode. Perhaps I hosed something on the install.
happy it worked for you. I also recently found that quirk out too. It has been quite annoying

Would be great to see the Plex amp feature added to the moode options officially one day
A second here. I haven't tried plexamp yet, because I don't want to lose the ability to cast Spotify to the player. I don't think Plexamp supports that. I'd like to be able to cast both Plex, Spotify, and all the other services to the player. So, I second this thread!
I'm on a Raspberry PI 3+, and Allo BossDAC

https://www.allo.com/sparky/boss-dac.html
Plexamp is not Open Source and so not possible to include support for it in moOde.
Resurrecting this older post as I'd like to get the new 64-bit-only RPi plexamp client working cleanly side-by-side with moOde.

I've currently installed plexamp 4.2.2 on the same Pi as my new 64-bit moOde install and I can kludgily switch back and forth between playing music through moOde and playing music through plexamp on the pi. The kludgy part has to do with contention for the alsa device between plexamp and MPD. I'd like to make it less kludgy and though I've never installed or used roon, I am imagining that could / should work something like the moOde | roon bridge integration? Or maybe something like the Airplay / Spotify renderers?

I'm not sure if this is actually the right question, but I think my question is how does moOde know when one of the external renderers starts and stops playing so it can release and retake the alsa device smoothly?

Once I get this working cleanly I'll be happy to contribute a Guide / HOWTO. I've already got notes for documenting the plexamp installation steps.
The code for managing the automatic switching between MPD and the external renderers is complex and has many moving parts. If you want to explore some of the source files that play a role in renderer management then have a look at the following in the moode repo. https://github.com/moode-player/moode

Code:
www/inc/renderer.php
www/daemon/worker.php
www/js/playerlib.js
var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db
(06-25-2022, 12:34 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]The code for managing the automatic switching between MPD and the external renderers is complex and has many moving parts. If you want to explore some of the source files that play a role in renderer management then have a look at the following in the moode repo. https://github.com/moode-player/moode

Code:
www/inc/renderer.php
www/daemon/worker.php
www/js/playerlib.js
var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db

Thank you Tim!

OK, on a quick glance through those, as a point of departure is moOde determining when an external renderer starts playing in the various functions in `www/daemon/worker.php` like `chkAplActive()`? And if that's correct, are the external renderers each configured to run a script (e.g. `spspre.sh`) that is updating moOde's db with their active status when they start playing?

Maybe that's just how Airplay and Spotify are working. It looks like determining if roon bridge is active is based on doing a `pgrep` for a specific process.

Am I barking up the right tree or totally confused?

[I see what you mean about complicated and moving parts.]
You are on the right track. Each renderer has unique requirements which determine how to integrate.

- Event script support
- Session or connection based
- Exclusive or shared control of audio output

For example Airplay is session based while Bluetooth is connection based, Airplay supports event scripts while Bluetooth and Roonbridge do not.