Moode Forum

Full Version: Advanced Kernel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are the advanced kernel settings coming back to realease 4.x?

I enjoyed the 3.8.4 possibility to adjust the latency settings, using the advanced kernel, very much.

Heart
Hi,

If another developer were to commit to publicly host and actively maintain custom Linux kernels and binaries that are in step with the standard rpi-update kernel releases then I could possibly revisit, but the main issue is that OS tunings create an additional support burden while delivering questionable benefit.
(04-23-2018, 01:33 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

If another developer were to commit to publicly host and actively maintain custom Linux kernels and binaries that are in step with the standard rpi-update kernel releases then I could possibly revisit, but the main issue is that OS tunings create an additional support burden while delivering questionable benefit.

I don't know if it's only possible to alter the latency settings using a custom kernel or not. If it's possible using the standard kernel I would love to see that feature.