Moode Forum

Full Version: DNLA spotify
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi 

im very happy with Moodeaudio 4.3 everything work fine.

i have two exact RPI 3-b boards, with sd card 4.3 of moode audio, with one DLNA works with spotify and you see DLNA
with an new board there is no DLNA with the same SD card, what can i do to make this work on the new board

thanks
Jem
(05-01-2019, 01:34 PM)Jempie Wrote: [ -> ]Hi 

im very happy with Moodeaudio 4.3 everything work fine.

i have two exact RPI 3-b boards, with sd card 4.3 of moode audio, with one DLNA works with spotify and you see DLNA
with an new board there is no DLNA with the same SD card, what can i do to make this work on the new board

thanks
Jem
Hi,

it seems to be simple make an back up of the image that work on the RPI-3 B and place the back up
into the new RPI and it must work the same as the other one.

but no its not the same !!!

is there somebody can tell me what i do wrong?
Hi,

I'm not sure what are you referencing by DLNA Spotify, but in anycase, if you have multiple moOde device on the same network, you need to set differents names between the devices (hostname, spotify name, dlna name, etc..).
(05-02-2019, 09:04 AM)TookaFace Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I'm not sure what are you referencing by DLNA Spotify, but in anycase, if you have multiple moOde device on the same network, you need to set differents names between the devices (hostname, spotify name, dlna name, etc..).

hi,

because im happy how Moode works i want to make an copy for an friend.
so he bought the same board RPI-3b as mine and i made a copy of my sd card
and place it in his new RPI, everything work also spotify with airplay but i dont see DLNA 

im sure is not the software if i change the RPI and place the SD card i see DLNA onm spotify. 
on mine RPI everything is working and on the new RPI not

the boards are the same version only i have use my RPI with several players like rune and volumio.

do i miss something?

thanks
@Jempie

Spotify is a software product which uses a proprietary protocol called Spotify Connect. It happens that moOde can be configured to be a Spotify Connect renderer. It responds to a Spotify app.

DLNA is an unrelated set of protocols. It happens that moOde can be configured to be a DLNA server and also as a UPnP renderer (DLNA is based on UPnP). It responds to a UPnP control point app.

Spotify Connect and DLNA/UPnP don't interoperate so I don't understand your problem statement.

I can understand you are perplexed that your moOde/uSD card seems to behave differently on two identical boards, but what do you mean by "with one [board] DLNA works with spotify and you see DLNA" but not with the other board? What apps are you running which behave differently with the two boards?

Regards,
Kent
If i successfully understand, DLNA server doesn't work on one of his RPI.

Minidlna has its own database, so if you copy a SDCARD while using different music files, maybe you just have to rebuild the minidlna database from moOde interface.

You could check minidlna logs:

Code:
sudo cat /var/log/minidlna.log

And check the VIEW button also.
(05-02-2019, 01:21 PM)TookaFace Wrote: [ -> ]If i successfully understand, DLNA server doesn't work on one of his RPI.

Minidlna has its own database, so if you copy a SDCARD while using different music files, maybe you just have to rebuild the minidlna database from moOde interface.

You could check minidlna logs:

Code:
sudo cat /var/log/minidlna.log

And check the VIEW button also.

Good point.
Hi Tookaface,

Yes thats the problem, i have two RPI with one of i see in the renderer spotify arplay
and spotify dlna with the new RPI i see only airplay.

How can i check the vieuw button

Thx
Configure -- Audio -- UPnP/DLNA -- DLNA Server -- VIEW