Moode Forum

Full Version: How to make a backup of SD card?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to make a backup copy of  moOde 5.0 using MAC OS. I have expanded the partition via moOde UI.  Assume  sd card is disk3

In the past  was able to do so using this command : sudo dd if=/dev/disk3 of=/Users/Lt1user/Documents/moode.img count=6242304 bs=512

Can this command be used for 5.0?  Thanks
Yes, thats the correct command. If you have expanded the file system to the max size of the SDCard the backup can take a very long time depending on the size of the card.

Below is what I use. I always do "diskutil list" just to confirm the SDCard gets mounted to /dev/disk3

Code:
diskutil list
diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disk3
sudo dd if=/dev/disk3 of=/Users/Lt1user/Documents/moode.img count=6242304 bs=512
diskutil eject /dev/disk3
(05-08-2019, 01:02 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, thats the correct command. If you have expanded the file system to the max size of the SDCard the backup can take a very long time depending on the size of the card.

Below is what I use. I always do "diskutil list" just to confirm the SDCard gets mounted to /dev/disk3

Code:
diskutil list
diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disk3
sudo dd if=/dev/disk3 of=/Users/Lt1user/Documents/moode.img count=6242304 bs=512
diskutil eject /dev/disk3
 Perfect will give that a try later on. Not sure you have seen my recent posts but 5.0 and my NAS don't get on. Don't know how it happened but think I finally have all music files on NAS synched. Imperative that I get a backup before my luck runs out. Good day.