Moode Forum

Full Version: 5.2: Artist/Station filter not working correctly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Tim,

I love the new feature in 5.2, the Artist/Station filter.

However, (and what are the odds that this little problem came on the surface...), after the upgrade to this version, I was playing a song by "Queen" and clicked on the Artist-Title under the cover art in playback mode.
Tag view popped up but to my surprise it did not filter correctly to "Queen". You see, I have a song in my library called "We will Rock You" which is covered by "Five & Queen". So what happened? The applied filter showed me the songs by "Five & Queen". Not one song by "Queen" themselves was shown...

So, some fixing is needed...
But like I said, what are the odds?

Johan
Good catch. My test collection doesn't have that particular artist scenario. The current method for filtering the artist list is based on "contains" rather than "equals" and so it gets a hit for "Queen" when it lands on "Five & Queen".

Five & Queen
Queen

It's an easy fix and I'll post a file for you to test today or tomorrow.

-Tim
Hi,

Give this a try and let me know the result :-)

Code:
wget http://moodeaudio.org/test/scripts-panels.js.zip
unzip -q scripts-panels.js.zip
sudo cp scripts-panels.js /var/www/js
sudo chmod 0755 /var/www/js/*
sudo rm scripts-panels.js*
(05-11-2019, 05:08 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Give this a try and let me know the result :-)

Code:
wget http://moodeaudio.org/test/scripts-panels.js.zip
unzip -q scripts-panels.js.zip
sudo cp scripts-panels.js /var/www/js
sudo chmod 0755 /var/www/js/*
sudo rm scripts-panels.js*

Nope, not solved yet....
I still have the same result....
You prolly need to refresh Browser so the updated js file gets reloaded.
No, sorry, not working. Rebooted, cleared cache, and refreshed browser, nothing solved it.

Playing: Queen & David Bowie - Under Pressure
After clicking: only finds Queen & David Bowie - Under pressure (Is actually correct, but I wish it would also find all songs by Queen, and all those by David Bowie)

Playing: David Bowie - Andy Warhol
After clicking: all songs by David Bowie are found (Wish it could also find "Queen & David Bowie - Under Pressure")

Playing: Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
After Clicking: Five & Queen - We Will Rock You (Nothing else from Queen is found)
Either way, this will be yet another moOde feature which reveals how haphazardly I've tagged my collection Blush

Regards,
Kent
Tim, when you go to the filter on the library page (the page with the genre, artists and Albums) and you search for "Queen", everything is found: Queen on its own, Queen & Bowie, and Five & Queen.
When I search for "Bowie", then everything from David Bowie is found, but also Queen & David Bowie, Lulu & David Bowie.

So that's how the filter should work.
lol

The feature uses the Artist tag of the current song to search the artists column in Tag view.
(05-11-2019, 04:47 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]Good catch. My test collection doesn't have that particular artist scenario. The current method for filtering the artist list is based on "contains" rather than "equals" and so it gets a hit for "Queen" when it lands on "Five & Queen".

Five & Queen
Queen

It's an easy fix and I'll post a file for you to test today or tomorrow.

-Tim

Looking at your first answer, it looks like you misunderstood...
The "contains" method is correct: when I search for "Queen" it is normal that it finds "Five & Queen", but it should also have found everything else from "Queen".
Pages: 1 2