Moode Forum

Full Version: 3.5mm plug and bluetooth multiple output
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys, i hope its the right topic here.. otherwise i open a new one. 

Is it possible to create a multiple output? For example, all the time i use just 3.5mm plug. But sometimes i like to hear music from my JBL Go. 

So i like to pair my JBL Go just once, and if i like to listen over my bluetooth speaker i just like to turn it on and on both speakers (3.5mm plug and bluetooth) is the same music?

If i turn off the bluetooth speaker, they should use the 3.5mm? 

The last time i tried this, was with moodeaudio 4.4

Thank you
It can be hacked but the music will not be in sync at the 2 endpoints. This is why it's not a built-in feature.

The hack is to enable MPD output 1 via SSH after connecting to Bluetooth speaker and setting to MPD audio output -> Bluetooth in BlueZ Config.

Code:
mpc enable 1

You could also toggle between the two outputs by the commands below without having to disconnect your Bluetooth speaker. 

Code:
# Switch to Default output
mpc enable 1 && mpc disable 6

# Switch to Bluetooth output
mpc enable 6 && mpc disable 1

# List MPD outputs
mpc outputs
(06-12-2019, 01:19 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]It can be hacked but the music will not be in sync at the 2 endpoints. This is why it's not a built-in feature.

Thats no problem. But i like MoodeAudio and i want to use it. 

(06-12-2019, 01:19 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]It can be hacked but the music will not be in sync at the 2 endpoints. This is why it's not a built-in feature.

The hack is to enable MPD output 1 via SSH after connecting to Bluetooth speaker and setting to MPD audio output -> Bluetooth in BlueZ Config.

I hope i get this one correctly.

I have to connect my bluetooth speaker. After the connection i have to set in the BlueZ Config this:
Code:
mpc enable 1

But where i have to set this?

I've never done this befor. 

Maybe you can give me an introduction? 

Thank you.
The commands are entered in an SSH terminal.

Open moOde System Config and Turn on the SSH term server, then Open it.

userid = pi
password = moodeaudio
Thank you!

3.5mm plug and bluetooth work together. Just a 0.5 secound delay.
But if i use it in 2 different rooms, no one will notice.

Just one last question.
If i start the music just on the 3.5mm plug and later i start the bluetooth speaker, the stream stops.
is there any solution, that the stream does not stop if i start the bluetooth speaker?

If i turn off the bluetooth speaker, the stream does not stop and the 3.5mm plug keeps on playing.
Hi Tim,

I also want to run two outputs at the same time, but not Bluetooth and 3.5mm jack, but my AlloKatana and the 3.5mm jack...

I've try to enable the on-board audio via the "/boot/config.txt" in combinaison with the Katana... Alsa see 2 cards, i've modify the hw addressing in the mpd.conf to reflect the order of my Katana (was 0,0 and now 1,0) +restart MPD, but Moode does not allow me to use i2s when on-board is enable...

In short, now i'm clueless ;-)

Thank you
(12-22-2019, 01:03 PM)clemarc@gmail.com Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Tim,

I also want to run two outputs at the same time, but not Bluetooth and 3.5mm jack, but my AlloKatana and the 3.5mm jack...

I've try to enable the on-board audio via the "/boot/config.txt" in combinaison with the Katana... Alsa see 2 cards, i've modify the hw addressing in the mpd.conf to reflect the order of my Katana (was 0,0 and now 1,0) +restart MPD, but Moode does not allow me to use i2s when on-board is enable...

In short, now i'm clueless ;-)

Thank you

Well, what you want is a FEATURE REQUEST not SUPPORT for a problem with your MoOde Player installation, the simultaneous use of the 'analogue out' and the IIS digital lines on the Buster OS...
Just a pointer (I don't know enough to help), but if both devices are available to ALSA then it should be possible to set up one in Moode and use an ALSA config file to duplicate the playback stream to the other device using the following technique (but duplicating to plughw:mydevice,0 rather than plughw:Loopback,0, and no need to use the loopback driver):   https://github.com/antiprism/mpd_oled/is...-567146826

The file is a bit more complicated than it could be because, in my case, the playback stream is called hw:0,0. It is easier to override a stream with a name like "default".

Adrian.