Moode Forum

Full Version: Possibility of adding printer support via ethernet or CUPS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First post here: I'm very impressed with MoOde. Current setup is 4x Apple Airport Expresses connected to DACs of differing quality. I'm looking at replacing the 4x Airport Expresses with 4x Raspberry Pis with moOde installed.

I've been using one Pi with MoOde for the past few weeks and I'm impressed: all works flawlessly so far.

This brings me to my question: I have a printer connected to one of the Apple Airport Expresses in addition to the DAC. Is it possible to add CUPS printer support to a Raspberry Pi running MoOde? Or maybe bridge the Wifi to the ethernet port in the Raspberry Pi? The printer can be connected either via ethernet or USB, and is currently connected to the Airport Express using ethernet.

I've searched these forums and can't find an answer. I can use terminal in OSX and SSH to connect to the Pi running MoOde. I have seen some information elsewhere on the InterWeb but it seems specific to other software installations on the Pi. 

Many thanks in advance for any help.
(06-13-2019, 08:57 PM)Biston Wrote: [ -> ]First post here: I'm very impressed with MoOde. Current setup is 4x Apple Airport Expresses connected to DACs of differing quality. I'm looking at replacing the 4x Airport Expresses with 4x Raspberry Pis with moOde installed.

I've been using one Pi with MoOde for the past few weeks and I'm impressed: all works flawlessly so far.

This brings me to my question: I have a printer connected to one of the Apple Airport Expresses in addition to the DAC. Is it possible to add CUPS printer support to a Raspberry Pi running MoOde? Or maybe bridge the Wifi to the ethernet port in the Raspberry Pi? The printer can be connected either via ethernet or USB, and is currently connected to the Airport Express using ethernet.

I've searched these forums and can't find an answer. I can use terminal in OSX and SSH to connect to the Pi running MoOde. I have seen some information elsewhere on the InterWeb but it seems specific to other software installations on the Pi. 

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Just in case anyone else has this same query: effectively replacing an Airport Express connected to both a DAC and a printer. Instead of buying two Pis to do this [loading one with MoOde and the other with something else that runs CUPS]: all I have done is buy a pair of TP Link Nano Powerlines for £25. So one end of the powerline goes into the main router and the other end of the powerline the printer. £25 being less than buying a second Pi. This only works though because my printer has an ethernet connection. If it was just USB it would not.