Moode Forum

Full Version: Unable to access interface
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all and sorry in advance if question sounds silly to you, but i cannot figure out how to go over it.
Yesterday i had to disconnect my moode rpi to adjust some cables and since reboot the interface doesn’t work.
I did try using both, moode.local (page takes a lot of time in search but in the end browser is unable to load the page) and ip address which has been fixed and is visible from router (immediate reponse is unable to load the page).
Different HW and different browsers tried with same luck!
With Airplay sound output works as expected instead.
I connected also hdmi to tv and after the initial boot, it says a while asking for login credentials but then moves on to a complete blank image.
Any suggestion on how to have interface back?
Try to rebuild MoOde on a fresh uSD card and re-configure the installation... Also try to remember whether there were only 'cables moving' pre-malfunction, every little detail might help.
(08-15-2019, 05:59 AM)CallMeMike Wrote: [ -> ]Try to rebuild MoOde on a fresh uSD card and  re-configure the installation... Also try to remember whether there were only 'cables moving' pre-malfunction, every little detail might help.

Hello CallMeMike,
First of all, thanks for the answer.
I did disconnect completely the cables to properly manage (i do have power, network and rca jacks connected) and these were removed in this order and placed back in opposite order.
Did you shutdown moOde from the interface before pulling the cables or did you pull the power cable while moOde was running ?

If the latter that would explain your symptoms....corrupted sd card.

If the former then some more info would help.....what moOde version...what Pi version...what power supply...what size brand and class of sd card... etc etc
(08-15-2019, 09:12 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you shutdown moOde from the interface before pulling the cables or did you pull the power cable while moOde was running ?

If the latter that would explain your symptoms....corrupted sd card.

If the former then some more info would help.....what moOde version...what Pi version...what power supply...what size brand and class of sd card... etc etc

Hello drone,
I haven’t noticed a shout down option in the UI; in that case that would explain all and this means i need to reinstall all from scratch.
But how come moode gets corrupted and retropie or other rpi images don’t?
Reported SDCard corruption has been rare in the 5 years that moOde has been available. In my own personal use I've only experienced it twice and my systems are severely stressed as a result of development and constantly reloading files and images. i also regularly just pull the plug on some of my systems and no issues.

Regarding your issue "Unable to access interface" and the symptoms you listed, I'd recommend the same as @CallMeMike. Take a fresh SDCard and start from scratch and verify that everything is working on a newly booted image with no devices configured and no add-in software like LCD display code, etc.

If the breakage occurs again after you configure it for your devices etc, then post enough information (system logs, moode log, mpd log, etc) so an attempt can be made to investigate the issue.

Simply posting "it doesn't work" is not enough.
Shutting down Linux first is always considered "best practice" because disk writing may be happening in the background but I haven't corrupted a uSD card in years despite just killing the power when I want to change something. It seemed a more prevalent problem in the early days with no-brand class 4 and class 6 cards. I'm using SanDisk Ultra and Ultra+ class 10 cards now and they've been very reliable. I hear Samsung Pro and Evo cards are very good too.

That's not to say that corruption can't happen. I suspect if MPD is updating the database when the power is killed, for example, badness is more likely to happen.

Regards,
Kent
(08-15-2019, 07:31 PM)Mickscore Wrote: [ -> ]I haven’t noticed a shout down option in the UI;

From the moOde menu the last option 'Restart' when selected gives the option to restart or shutdown.
(08-15-2019, 08:59 PM)DRONE7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-15-2019, 07:31 PM)Mickscore Wrote: [ -> ]I haven’t noticed a shout down option in the UI;

From the moOde menu the last option 'Restart' when selected gives the option to restart or shutdown.

Well know to regular users, but easily missed by newcomers. Perhaps the menu could be changed to read Restart/Shutdown?
(08-16-2019, 09:22 AM)kit1cat Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-15-2019, 08:59 PM)DRONE7 Wrote: [ -> ]

Well know to regular users, but easily missed by newcomers. Perhaps the menu could be changed to read Restart/Shutdown?

+1 (accent on NEW MoOde users)

Maybe this inoffensive thread shows the (possible) need for a STICKY thread starting with the SETUP and followed by DOs and DON'Ts (or a 'refurbishment' of the thread ' Please read 'Setup guide' to get started ')
Pages: 1 2