Moode Forum

Full Version: Cover Art not square on 7" display
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Since my Katana broke down (Allo suggested to take it apart an assemble it again, but no luck...), I'm using my I-Sabre ES9038Q2M Kali again, the one in the Rasptouch case with 7" screen.
I noticed now that the cover art is misformed, in a way that the height is a little less than the width, in both coverview mode, as in normal mode.
Can this somehow be fixed?

Thx,
JST
I did a quick check of a few covers on my 7" Touch and they look fine. Maybe try Clearing the Browser cache (button on System config in the Local UI section.) and then Menu, Refresh.
Is not helping...

Normal mode: W5,30cm x H5,00cm
Cover mode: W6,50cm x H 6,00cm

It may sound ridculous because the differences look so small, but some cover art really looks weird by this.
Just email or PM me a link to one of the images or to a track containing the image and I'll see if I can repro.
Could it be something to do with the videomode settings in config?

Code:
disable_splash=1
disable_overscan=1
hdmi_drive=2
dtparam=.....
Tim, I can send you as much images or tracks as you want, it happens with all of them.
When I measure the cover art on the 7" display, the deviation happens every time. On most of them you don't see it, but some are really awkward. as if they are squeezed together.
I only need one file or image that clearly exhibits the issue on your end so I can try to repro it on mine.

One of my systems has a Pi 7" Touch connected. I just need to understand exactly what to look for when viewing the cover image.

I can never rule out bugs and in order to find them, most of the time its necessary to reproduce the issue.
Tim,

Take a tape measure, and measure the image on your 7" display. Is the height exactly the same as the width?

I wish I could make a screenshot of my 7" display
Maybe this Raspberry Pi Forum thread on non-square pixels?

Regards,
Kent
I don't have a tape measure but I did have an REI dividend card and was able to mark the width of the image on the Touch (in CoverView mode) and indeed it's slightly wider that tall. It's not really a noticeable issue but its certainly present.
The same image on my iPad mini is square.

It will probably require @swizzle to look at the CSS when he gets a chance. I hope he has a tape measure ;-)

-Tim
Pages: 1 2 3