Moode Forum

Full Version: Can I make install bluez alsa without breaking moode functionality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys. 

New user here. Been playing with my new pi zero w and discovering moodeaudio. This is one beautiful and stable piece of audiophile solution. Hats off to dev! 

I'm interested in using my pi zero w as a Bluetooth receiver with alternative  codec such as aac and ldac or hwa (does hwa exist?) .

I've been looking here and there and it seems distributing aac / ldac is an issue so I have to make one myself.

Question is, can I make install bluez alsa without breaking Moode Bluetooth functionality / UI (which I found works very very well)? 

Linux noob here, but I'm willing to learn a thing or two.
(09-08-2019, 04:51 PM)mangkook Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys.

New user here. Been playing with my new pi zero w and discovering moodeaudio. This is one beautiful and stable piece of audiophile solution. Hats off to dev! 

I'm interested in using my pi zero w as a Bluetooth receiver with alternative  codec such as aac and ldac or hwa (does hwa exist?) .

I've been looking here and there and it seems distributing aac / ldac is an issue so I have to make one myself.

Question is, can I make install bluez alsa without breaking Moode Bluetooth functionality / UI (which I found works very very well)? 

Yes. Follow the appropriate section of the build recipe and replace the old binary with the new.

Regards,
Kent
(09-08-2019, 05:14 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-08-2019, 04:51 PM)mangkook Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys.

Yes. Follow the appropriate section of the build recipe and replace the old binary with the new.

Regards,
Kent
Wow didn't knew I could make one myself. I'm getting a new microsd card then. Thanks for the prompt reply
Question

Halfway though recipe I stopped and wonder. Does aac already baked in when I installed moode?

Then I just have to add - - enable aac? Or I have to install libfdk-aac first? 

How about ldac?

I just make install ldac according to bluez wiki wiki and add - - enable ldac?

Thanks in advance
Answering to my own question, as I went through with recipe.

No I have to make one myself.
success in getting AAC. Now I can transmit aac from my phone to my pi zero w albeit limited to 16bit 44.1 (said so in my android phone developer option)

ldac and aptx not successfull. I guess because no support for ldac or aptx sink ? I don't have any bluetooth speaker / iem.

i failed during recipe building so I use moode img and build from there. SO BUILDING AAC SINK WITHOUT BREAKING MOODE IS POSSIBLE

Am I allowed to share my recipe here in case someone want to do the same? (gathered from this forum and somewhere else)
Yes, you can share the recipe.
This is what I did after reading and gathering some info here and somewhere else. mostly just copy paste with some minor editing.

#Enable AAC codec bluez alsa on Moode (sbc still intact and working as failsafe)
#Tested working on both Moode 6.1.0 and 6.2.0 ( Not sure if something breaks after OTA update)
#Tested on Pi Zero W. Build took around 80-90 minute
##Logon to ssh pi@moode.local password: moodeaudio

# fdk aac

Code:
cd /tmp
sudo git clone https://github.com/mstorsjo/fdk-aac.git
cd fdk-aac
sudo ./autogen.sh
sudo ./configure --enable-shared --enable-static
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig
cd ..

# bluez alsa

Code:
sudo git clone https://github.com/Arkq/bluez-alsa.git
cd bluez-alsa
sudo autoreconf --install
sudo mkdir build
cd build
sudo ../configure --disable-hcitop --enable-aac --with-alsaplugindir=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/alsa-lib
sudo make
sudo make install
cd ~
rm -rf /tmp/fdk-aac
rm -rf /tmp/bluez-alsa
sudo reboot

hope it works for someone looking to stream aac BT to Moode as it works for me with my phone (Samsung A7 Oreo, Nexus 5 Resurrection Remix Oreo)