Moode Forum

Full Version: Apple Music Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(06-25-2021, 02:16 PM)audioguide Wrote: [ -> ]This would be a fantastic feature. Apple is obviously not open source but they do provide many ways of integration, including browser access. If moode contained any modern web browser the user could navigate to Apple Musics web URL and this should avoid any licensing that would need to be included in the Moode product.

That would be a great solution!
moOde contains Chromium but AFAIK Open Source browsers won't work with music services because they don't contain the DRM components needed to play the services protected content.

Someone should load up desktop RaspiOS and see what happens with different browsers.
(06-25-2021, 03:52 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]moOde contains Chromium but AFAIK Open Source browsers won't work with music services because they don't contain the DRM components needed to play the services protected content.

Someone should load up desktop RaspiOS and see what happens with different browsers.

Seems to be only somewhat working in Chromium on RaspiOS, I was able to access music.apple.com and sign in to my account, but in choosing from my "recently played" albums what I know was a hi-res album, my DAC connected via USB to a Pi4 shows it playing at 44.1kHz and it sounds just OK, so I'm assuming this is actually AAC256.

Further, with apple.music.com, on both RaspiOS or even macOS, there are no playback settings to activate Lossless as there are in the desktop Apple Music app, so RaspiOS aside I don't see any way to play lossless through the browser. The only settings at all are Account Settings, nothing there about playback and the UI lacks the little icon in the desktop app's now playing pane that displays the file bit depth and sample rate.

Lastly, in Chromium I'm only getting about 30 seconds of a track before it jump skips to the next one. That does not happen using Safari on macOS, and what is playing is a 30 second snippet, it doesn't even begin at the track's actual starting point.
Pages: 1 2