Moode Forum

Full Version: Change custom Radio Station name on Favorites list?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there!
It's my first post here, so above all - Thank you for such a great RPi distro! It's working really good for me, listening everyday actually  Smile

What is a bit irritating for me though, is that I have added some additional radio stations via "New station" + button, which I later added to my list of Favorites.
The issue is - that some of them has IP addresses as urls (or meaningless DNS names), so when having couple of such, it's becoming hard to navigate which one is which.

Is there any way to edit the Radio Station names on "Favorites" playlist? (it seems there's no such way via the UI, but maybe on the config files on server itself?)
I'm using the latest version, 6.3.0.
Pulling up the network fileshares on a PC should allow you to access the playlists folder where you can load the list in a text editor like notepad++ to make those changes.
(12-26-2019, 12:36 AM)duracell80 Wrote: [ -> ]Pulling up the network fileshares on a PC should allow you to access the playlists folder where you can load the list in a text editor like notepad++ to make those changes.

Thanks for the answer. I can edit the playlist .m3u file as you mentioned to change the order or URL of the station, but all the custom ones will still show up in the UI as 'Radio Station'.

Here's what I mean:
[Image: 5MRp99e.png]

As you can see the 4 manually added stations are listed as URLs and "Radio station", which makes it hard to remember which one is which (especially for the last two).
Does the name change as soon as you play it? Could you paste an example of the M3U file.
Guys, it's not the .m3u playlist that's the problem. Whether a pre-defined station or a user-defined station, the entry in the playlist file is the same, just a URL. Nothing to edit.

It appears /var/www/js/playerlib.js is emitting the string "Radio Station" because it thinks the station name is undefined in the data array returned from the backend.

I haven't had time to trace backward into the backend code to see why this happens for user-defined stations (I have my suspicion, but ....). If you're eager you can trace it yourself.

Regards,
Kent
@Whizzo

A quick workaround is to disable "extra metadata". 

Click the m-icon and choose "Appearance" -> Other options -> "Show extra metadata" > Select NO.

The radio station name is preserved (at least for me)
(01-02-2020, 03:54 PM)ksone Wrote: [ -> ]@Whizzo

A quick workaround is to disable "extra metadata". 

Click the m-icon and choose "Appearance" -> Other options -> "Show extra metadata" > Select NO.

The radio station name is preserved (at least for me)


Interesting. That's a great clue!

Regards,
Kent
I might have a go at tracing it back too, I reproduce the issue quite readily and can only resolve it by adding to the station database manually. That seemed to resolve my case of BBC WM (West Midlands) appearing as BBC World Media (WM).
(11-26-2019, 02:58 PM)Whizzo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there!
It's my first post here, so above all - Thank you for such a great RPi distro! It's working really good for me, listening everyday actually  Smile

What is a bit irritating for me though, is that I have added some additional radio stations via "New station" + button, which I later added to my list of Favorites.
The issue is - that some of them has IP addresses as urls (or meaningless DNS names), so when having couple of such, it's becoming hard to navigate which one is which.

Is there any way to edit the Radio Station names on "Favorites" playlist? (it seems there's no such way via the UI, but maybe on the config files on server itself?)
I'm using the latest version, 6.3.0.

Dump the cfg_radio table and verify that rows exist for each of the stations you added via the UI and that the columns are correctly populated..

Code:
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "select * from cfg_radio where id>499"

pi@rp3:~ $ sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db ".schema" | grep cfg_radio
CREATE TABLE cfg_radio (id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY, station CHAR (128), name CHAR (128), type CHAR (8), logo CHAR (128));

The type column will have a "u" for user added stations and the id's will be > 499.
A script to parse a playlist and lookup the database and place the name/url in the table if it's not there would be the only way to scale this as a solution. It would be too much technical work for a user to do it.

The issue occurs with manually created lists too. Say if you make a list using notepad.