Moode Forum

Full Version: New PI-4B revision
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I'm still newbie for moOdeAudio and its forum thus if you feel something wrong for me, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And I am non-native for English thus maybe write strangely, please allow me if you see such wordings.

First of all, I am very satisfied with this great project. It works perfect for me and has dramatically improved for my audio life.

Recently I got a raspberry Pi-4B newly and tested with moOde 6.4.0.

It worked greatly, but also found that system info shows my Pi-4B as "Unknown Pi-model".

I have dig into some and found that my Pi-4B is newer revision (see below) than the moOde code recognizes (from /var/www/inc/playerlib.php).

On my PI-4B, /proc/cpuinfo  returns Rev. 1.2 although I believe moOde recognize up to 1.1.
-----------------------------------------------
pi@moode:~ $ sudo cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
model name      : ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v7l)
BogoMIPS        : 108.00
(snip..)
Hardware        : BCM2835
Revision        : c03112
Serial          : 100000000ac60c60
Model           : Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.2

-----------------------------------------------

I believe this is not prioritized, as I see the issue only that I cannot select experimental 64bit kernel, but I will be glad if you add official care for Pi-4B v1.2 in the future. 
I have checked the raspberry pi official web and found that this revision is officially listed.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentatio.../README.md

# By the way, I am Japanese and living in Japan. 
# As far as I have heard from the reseller, this 4B 1.2 is the version that covers "Technical Standards Conformity Certification of Specified Radio Equipment" in Japanese law (need to sell in Japan, I can confirm the cert logo/# is silk printed on back of pcb) and is also fixing the USB-C circuit errata, thus all of PI-4B being sold in Japan should be rev 1.2.

Best regards,
Hiroshi Aiko.
@Hiroshi Aiko

Very interesting and thanks for the heads up. I'm sure Tim will add this to the upcoming moOde release.

As an aside, I don't believe the 64-bit kernel adds value in our application.

Regards,
Kent
Ya, I can prolly slip this change into 6.4.1
@Tim Curtis

Thank you for your paying attention to and quick response for my post.
I am looking forward to the next version then will update here if it works after my confirmation.

@TheOldPresbyope

Yes, I also fully agree we will get almost no value for 64-bit kernel. I fully understand the term of experimental, and this will be just for my hobby if I test 64-bit kernel.

Best regards,
Hiroshi Aiko.
Hi,

I have now in-place updated moOde to 6.4.1 and confirmed it is working fine, recognizing Pi-4B 1.2 as expected.

Thank you for your quick support on this!

Best regards,
Hiroshi Aiko.
I saw this thread as it relates to what I am seeing too. I have a recent Pi 4B and I see this:

[Image: 7J1Gfg4.png]

Code:
pi@moode:~ $ sudo cat /proc/cpuinfo

<snip>

CPU revision    : 3

Hardware    : BCM2711
Revision    : d03114
Serial        :
Model        : Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.4

I'm using the current version of moOde - version 6.7.1
We added the rev code for the new 4B in upcoming moOde 7
That”s great. Many thanks for the update.
Just got a few Pi 4B 2GB and Moode 7.0.1 is again showing Unknown Pi-platform

Hardware : BCM2711
Revision : b03114
Serial : 100000007ed03036
Model : Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.4

And I thought the above is added already?

It still works fine. But how do I turn off Wifi bluetooth etc when the UI is showing the options?
Fixed in upcoming 7.1.0