Moode Forum

Full Version: Menu not responding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The items in the drop-down menu are not responding. I can play songs, change library views and refresh even seems to work but I can’t get into configure or appearance or audio info or even quick help. I think I’m running 6.3 but I can’t get in to check Confused

Tried power cycling but no joy. Any other ideas?
Without any details like what you're using to access the interface or what troubleshooting you've done so far it's going to be difficult for anyone to help you.
Thanks, vinnn. I’m using a safari browser on an iPad to control via moode.local. Apart from turning the pi off and on again I’m not sure what else to do as far as troubleshooting goes because I can’t get into the menus. I have a Pi 3B with an Allo boss dac hat which has been running no problems until now
Are you using a recent version of Safari? The latest appears to be Safari 13.
Have you tried a different wrb browser?
It’s on iPad so it updates with the os which is up to date. I don’t have any other browsers
(01-31-2020, 12:35 PM)simonmuller Wrote: [ -> ]The items in the drop-down menu are not responding. I can play songs, change library views and refresh even seems to work but I can’t get into configure or appearance or audio info or even quick help. I think I’m running 6.3 but I can’t get in to check Confused

Tried power cycling but no joy. Any other ideas?

Try a fresh 6.4.1 image and a different SDCard.
I’ll give it a try. Thanks
I have some updates. I tried logging in to moode.local on my laptop and had no trouble accessing the menu as normal. So I used that to update to 6.4 and then 6.4.1 in place. There was also an iPadOS update to run so I did that too. Neither helped. I found another web browser that I could use on my iPad (DuckDuckGo) so I downloaded that and I have no trouble accessing the config menu from that web browser.

It seems to be something specific to safari on the iPad. Given that I know this image of moode and this microSD card work with other browsers and even other safaris, is it still worth re-flashing or trying a different card (I’d have to buy another one. I don’t have a spare) or is there anything else I can try? Running from DuckDuckGo is ok temporarily but it’s not the same experience as safari because I have to run it in-browser, rather than being able to launch it from the springboard like an app, as I can with safari.

Thanks, Simon
(Somehow managed to paste in a reply to a completely different thread here, now corrected)

(02-02-2020, 11:20 AM)simonmuller Wrote: [ -> ]It seems to be something specific to safari on the iPad. Given that I know this image of moode and this microSD card work with other browsers and even other safaris, is it still worth re-flashing or trying a different card (I’d have to buy another one. I don’t have a spare) or is there anything else I can try? Running from DuckDuckGo is ok temporarily but it’s not the same experience as safari because I have to run it in-browser, rather than being able to launch it from the springboard like an app, as I can with safari.

You still haven't told us what version of Safari you're running btw.

My humble opinion is this is unlikely to be anything to do with Moode so reflashing your SD card is unlikely to make a difference if you haven't futzed around with Moode's packages but it can't hurt to do so. If you're finding that other browsers work better then try using a different web browser for Moode.
[quote/]You still haven't told us what version of Safari you're running btw.[/quote]

how do I find out what version of Safari I’m running on ipados? I’m running version 13.3.1 of iPadOS
Pages: 1 2