Moode Forum

Full Version: Title display in Airplay and Spotify
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody,
i use this wonderful tool. A function is missing (or I don't find it). Why am I not getting any titles when playing Spotify and Airplay?
can give someone a tip? Thanks a lot.
Greetings Peter
It's designed that way. You can't get title informations when playing Spotify/Airplay.
Thats correct.

moOde used to display Airplay metadata and cover art art but it was unreliable. It could have been due to our implementation or to something else. I was never able to successfully debug it or improve its reliability so it was dropped.
also volume control can't work during airplay stream??
bitrate show "0" and no volume controll...

Sad
External sources control volume, not moOde.
Thank you for the answers. I tried Volumino and Moode Audio. I liked Moode Audio much better. This is the first point for Volumino. ;-) But maybe there is still a solution ...... in the future
(04-13-2020, 03:26 PM)PeterLustig33 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for the answers. I tried Volumino and Moode Audio. I liked Moode Audio much better. This is the first point for Volumino. ;-) But maybe there is still a solution ...... in the future

Is there a way to change it from showing "Airplay" to having it show a background image? I have built a beautiful amp... But the screen says Airplay over a translucent background. Not exactly looking as cool as it could. : )

Thanks!
A background image for the renderer overlays would be a nice option. I'll add to the TODO list but can't commit to when this would appear. There are quite a few moving parts that would have to be modified or developed to make it happen and as always there are a lot of competing items on the TODO list.

There is always a chance though that another dev will take it on and contribute the code. This would help speed things up.
It really sucks that it does not show the titles. But still an amazing tool Smile
(08-20-2020, 09:24 PM)bmxjeff Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-13-2020, 03:26 PM)PeterLustig33 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for the answers. I tried Volumino and Moode Audio. I liked Moode Audio much better. This is the first point for Volumino. ;-) But maybe there is still a solution ...... in the future

Is there a way to change it from showing "Airplay" to having it show a background image? I have built a beautiful amp... But the screen says Airplay over a translucent background. Not exactly looking as cool as it could. : )

Thanks!

I had some spare cycles and did a quick hack to display the cover backdrop instead of the plain backdrop.

Here's what it looks like with various covers.

[attachment=1584] [attachment=1585] [attachment=1586]