Moode Forum

Full Version: Official moOde 6.5.1 support thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Hi,

After updating from 6.5 to 6.5.1 i can´t browse no more, it becomes irresponsible, most of the time don´t work.

Thought it was a network problem, but i can connect to the Pi by SSH and checked Network, Processes and Mem, it seems normal.

This happened after a reboot with the new 6.5.1
(04-28-2020, 08:38 AM)frobalo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

After updating from 6.5 to 6.5.1 i can´t browse no more, it becomes irresponsible, most of the time don´t work.

Thought it was a network problem, but i can connect to the Pi by SSH and checked Network, Processes and Mem, it seems normal.

You'll need to provide logs & details of your player, connected hardware (flash drives / USB disks etc).
I have 3 players now upgraded from 6.5.0 to 6.5.1 & can browse them all using a Win10 laptop (Chrome) and Chrome on an Android phone.  2 players are identical P3b's / DACs but differ in setup (one is for headphones, another for a speaker setup) and a third is a P4b 4gb.  None of them have issues with browsing the library.  2 players use Wi-Fi, the 3rd Ethernet, on the same network, accessing the same NAS library (NFS shares).
(04-28-2020, 09:42 AM)grasshopper Wrote: [ -> ]

You'll need to provide logs & details of your player, connected hardware (flash drives / USB disks etc).
I have 3 players now upgraded from 6.5.0 to 6.5.1 & can browse them all using a Win10 laptop (Chrome) and Chrome on an Android phone.  2 players are identical P3b's / DACs but differ in setup (one is for headphones, another for a speaker setup) and a third is a P4b 4gb.  None of them have issues with browsing the library.  2 players use Wi-Fi, the 3rd Ethernet, on the same network, accessing the same NAS library (NFS shares).

With 6.4.2 and 6.5 everything was running smooth.

Laptop (Win10)+Android+Iphone, hangs in all browsers.

Pi3B is connected by Wi-Fi, Digi+ Pro and mpd_oled installed

Pi system files are updated  till yesterday.

In this moment player is running  radio station for several hours perfectly.

From a Putty session i´m pinging my router, in 1.5 hour 0% of packet loss. 

Browsing http://192.168.xx.xx/sys-config.php , lib-config.php , snd-config.php and net-config.php, its perfectly normal, no hangs with normal response.

If i try the library (Radio, NAS) its a nightmare, hangs several times, sometimes 1 - 2 minutes and 1 operation by time only.

Which logs i can provide from moode !? I´have only yet a few hours of moode.

Gave a look on /var/log and doesn´t found anything strange, but as i said only a few hours here.
(04-28-2020, 10:27 AM)frobalo Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2020, 09:42 AM)grasshopper Wrote: [ -> ]

With 6.4.2 and 6.5 everything was running smooth.

Browsing http://192.168.xx.xx/sys-config.php , lib-config.php , snd-config.php and net-config.php, its perfectly normal, no hangs with normal response.

If i try the library (Radio, NAS) its a nightmare, hangs several times, sometimes 1 - 2 minutes and 1 operation by time only.

Gave a look on /var/log and doesn´t found anything strange, but as i said only a few hours here.

Start with a fresh 6.5.1 image and verify that it runs without issues before installing mpd_oled or making any other modifications to stock moOde.
(04-28-2020, 08:12 AM)fritschomat Wrote: [ -> ]hello, it's a pity that "auto-shuffle" still doesn't work after a restart, i miss the feature a lot.

As mentioned in a previous post i start the RPi 4 with auto-play and auto-shuffle and just want to seamlessly listen to music from my collection.
Currently i start auto-shuffle manually.

Unfortunately in v6.5.1 i also notice that the music just stops after a certain time and the playlist is empty.
In my test today the music stopped after 8 songs.
cat /var/log/mpd/log only lists the last played songs, no other message.

I already had this behavior in v6.4.1, but in v6.4.2 the music ran for hours without stopping.

if you need a certain log for the analysis i need an instruction which logs exactly.

I agree that automatically starting auto-shuffle after reboot is a useful feature but it was disabled for a reason and I can't quite recall why. There is nothing in my notes and so I was planning on investigating it but getting the 6.5.1 bug fix release and in-place update out quickly became the new priority.

I don't recall reports of auto-shuffle generally failing in 6.4 series. It has a memory constraint though and could possibly crash if it has to randomize a huge number of tracks.

When you experience the issue check to see whether the ashuffle process is still running.

Code:
pgrep ashuffle
Yes, that's the issue with auto-shuffle and auto play after start. Automatically starting auto-shuffle after reboot probably needs a separate option. I'll have to give it some thought.
(04-28-2020, 10:40 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2020, 10:27 AM)frobalo Wrote: [ -> ]With 6.4.2 and 6.5 everything was running smooth.

Start with a fresh 6.5.1 image and verify that it runs without issues before installing mpd_oled or making any other modifications to stock moOde.

After install mpd_oled the browser hangs ! Need to go back to 6.4.2 .
Just an FYI that @TheOldPresbyope worked out the compile recipe for generating librespot binary that runs on both arm6 and arm7 :-)

I'll include this in next moOde update. it also means that when gapless librespot is released the Pi Zeros and One's will be supported in moOde for this long awaited release.

-Tim
Hi there,

While updating from 6.4.2 to 6.5.1, I got this error:

L'action par défaut garde votre version actuelle.
*** udevil.conf (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [défaut=N] ? dpkg: erreur de traitement du paquet udevil (--configure) :
fin de fichier sur l'entrée standard à l'invite de configuration
Paramétrage de libparted-fs-resize0:armhf (3.2-25) ...
Paramétrage de libblockdev-part-err2:armhf (2.20-7+deb10u1) ...
Paramétrage de libvolume-key1 (0.3.12-2+b1) ...
Paramétrage de libudisks2-0:armhf (2.8.1-4) ...
Paramétrage de libblockdev-crypto2:armhf (2.20-7+deb10u1) ...
Paramétrage de libblockdev-swap2:armhf (2.20-7+deb10u1) ...
Paramétrage de libblockdev-loop2:armhf (2.20-7+deb10u1) ...
Paramétrage de libblockdev2:armhf (2.20-7+deb10u1) ...
Paramétrage de libblockdev-part2:armhf (2.20-7+deb10u1) ...
Paramétrage de libblockdev-fs2:armhf (2.20-7+deb10u1) ...
Paramétrage de udisks2 (2.8.1-4) ...
Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/graphical.target.wants/udisks2.service → /lib/systemd/system/udisks2.service.
Traitement des actions différées (« triggers ») pour man-db (2.8.5-2) ...
Traitement des actions différées (« triggers ») pour dbus (1.12.16-1) ...
Traitement des actions différées (« triggers ») pour libc-bin (2.28-10+rpi1) ...
Des erreurs ont été rencontrées pendant l'exécution :
udevil
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
** Error: install failed
** Error: image build exited
** Error: reboot to resume the build** Error: should never arrive at case = *
** Error: should never arrive at case = *

[sorry for the different language...!]
has someone encountered any issue with udevil?
Cheers,
Vian

PS: related question, how can I interrupt the update process? It seems to want to keep going every reboot

PPS: fixed it by just removing /etc/udevil/udevil.conf (and cancelling the update by removing mosbuild* + reboot)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11