Moode Forum

Full Version: Official moOde 6.5.2 support thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
(05-16-2020, 08:36 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]A quick test on my iPhone and iPad mini and orientation change does not work very well. Many UI elements are not positioned correctly thud requiring page reload.

Pitty it didn't work, thanks for trying.
Hi, I have another issue which hopefully has an easy resolution.

I have a Rasptouch with an official Raspberry Pi 7" screen.

On 6.4.2, the screen on the Rasptouch looks great and has nice fonts showing the time in the wheels.

Using 6.5.2, everything is now smaller and the font for the time and volume in the wheels looks like it is wrong as it is different to the rest of the page.

I tried installing it again and I get the same result.  Using an external browser to view 6.5.2, Firefox and Chromium show the strange font in the wheels.  Using Chrome or Edge, the font in the wheels is the same as 6.4.2.

I went back through the support threads and there appeared to be an issue with the official Raspberry Pi 7" screen with 6.5.0 which was resolved.  I am unsure if the font issue I am seeing is a related issue. 

Can you please let me know if the fonts are intended, or whether something is going wrong.

These are links to the images.

This is 6.4.2:

https://imgur.com/U7F8MmA

This is 6.5.2

https://imgur.com/Ujrangm
Try clearing the Local UI browser cache. Its an option on System Config.
(05-18-2020, 01:43 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]Try clearing the Local UI browser cache. Its an option on System Config.

Thanks Tim, I should have mentioned I already tried clearing the Local UI browser cache.  I also tried clearing the cache, turning off the display in the System options, rebooting, clearing the cache, restarting the display in the System options, clearing the cache, refreshing the display etc.  Unfortunately it doesn't change how it displays.

I also did a fresh install and it displayed the same way.
This is what it should look like
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...2#pid19182

You can try enabling the debug below by updating a SQL value. It displays the viewport size reported by your Pi Touch after Menu, Refresh. There are 2 viewport sizes that are coded in moOde for the Pi Touch that result in the UI being adjusted for that particular display.

/* Pi 7" Touch */
@media (min-height:553px) and (width:998px) { /* 553 = Square pixel AR, 598 = Default pixel AR */
@media (height:479px) and (width:799px) {

Menu, Refresh or Browser refresh after applying. Post the viewport size that's reported.

Code:
# Turn viewport debug ON
sudo sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "update cfg_system set value='viewport' where param='pkgid_suffix'"

# Turn viewport debug OFF
sudo sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "update cfg_system set value='' where param='pkgid_suffix'"
Tim, I ran that code in ssh and got a message on the screen saying Viewport 799 x 443.

Not sure if it is related but in boot/config.txt it has framebuffer_width=800 and framebuffer_height=444.

Please let me know if there are any other commands I need to run.
That viewport size is not being handled in the css for the Pi Touch. It results from having the Square Pixels option on which is  what most users would do.

The viewport size for Pi Touch was always reported as 479 x 799 up until recently when I observed my own Touch reporting 553 x 998 or 598 x 998 depending on whether square pixels was on. Prolly some change in Pi firmware or something like that.

You can try to edit

/var/www/css/moode.min.css

and change

@media (height:479px) and (width:799px)

to

@media (min-height:443px) and (width:799px)

I'll add the fix for upcoming 6.6.0 release.
@Tim Curtis

Sorry, I forgot you mentioned this size discrepancy when I said I was getting a 7" TouchScreen.

Reported just now on a RPi3B+, moOde 6.5.2:

default pixel setting: 799x479
square pixel setting: 799x443

@Morias

I'm not sure how much of your question was about size and placement and how much about the font presentation itself.

If you use your browser to inspect the elements in the timer roundel you'll see that the css for the time digits says

Code:
font-family: 'SF Mono','Roboto Mono',monospace;

The "zero" digit in that font set may be rendered with a dot in the center or with a slash through it depending on your browser and the glyphs available to it in its supporting OS. The slashed zeros I see on my iPad remind me of my salad days sitting at a teletypewriter.

Regards,
Kent
(05-18-2020, 12:38 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]That viewport size is not being handled in the css for the Pi Touch. It results from having the Square Pixels option on which is  what most users would do.

Hi Tim, I made the edit to the css file and rebooted. 

To my eyes it looked the same as before the change.  However, I then turned off square pixels and it is a little closer to what it looked like in 6.4.2, just everything smaller and the font in the wheels looking a little wonky.

However, thanks for looking into it and the suggestion.

I will probably leave it with the square pixels off for now.
Odd. You may need to clear Local UI browser cache.

If should look like this
[attachment=1340]

It's also possible there is an error in the css media query.

Maybe some else can try and repro.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16