Moode Forum

Full Version: USB Drives not showing - 6.5.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Howdy, was using a previous version forever, decided to update and re-install to latest 6.5.2 yesterday...

Re-added the USB Sources - changed and updated MPD, Restarted...
Multiple times... 
Ran Library update from home screen - refresh - rebooted, restarted etc etc... checked help files, searched for an answer... 

Updated Library from Home screen - but still no sign of my USB thumb drive music.
Radio works fine.... 

[attachment=1317]

Configure Library shows - Done: 86 albums processed

Bamboozled ! 
Just can't find em... but they are there - unplugging USB thumb drives they disappear from the Music Sources... 
Similar problems finding a NAS drive as well... whereas the SMB Scan picks it up fine - just doesn't show in the Library..... 

Thanks - library config pic and home screen pic added .... might be just me and the new UI?

[attachment=1318]
Music Source Config is only for NAS sources

For USB drive just plug it in and then Menu, Update library.

You can view the MPD log to see if there are any errors
cat /var/log/mpd/log
(05-11-2020, 04:37 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]Music Source Config is only for NAS sources

cat /var/log/mpd/log

Thanks Tim - I suspected that might be, but because USB wasn't popping up, tried excercising Source config... 
I've updated the Library lots of time and they just don't appear - will delete again and restart... update MPD etc.

I'll take a look at the logs and post... mucho odd still... tried also changing the USB profile Auto Mounter to U Disk - but still no appearance...

Maybe they are just shy
(05-11-2020, 06:00 PM)bluebossa Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-11-2020, 04:37 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]Music Source Config is only for NAS sources

cat /var/log/mpd/log

Thanks Tim - I suspected that might be, but because USB wasn't popping up, tried excercising Source config... 
I've updated the Library lots of time and they just don't appear - will delete again and restart... update MPD etc.

I'll take a look at the logs and post... mucho odd still... tried also changing the USB profile Auto Mounter to U Disk - but still no appearance...

Maybe they are just shy

Update 12th May - Took another approach - imaged another SD Card - rebooted, et Voila USB just appeared.... sorted, still not sure why they wouldn't arrive normally but hey ho... Great App... thanks... 
I’m helping a friend remotely, via TeamViewer, With his first MoOde install and have the same problem. How do we view the MPD log to look for errors?
(05-17-2020, 10:17 AM)match Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,
        I just had the same happen to me. Do you have the default  page of streaming radio stations? On the left library menu select albums. You may find your albums there. If so select folder, maybe twice, I forget. That should let you see your sources. I hope this helps.
Mark.

Thanks. Will try again, but we may now have a problem with the Pi.
Help needed here!

I’ve flashed a new card and still can’t get MoOde to see the USB thumb drives. Any advice?
Same problem here, V 6.4 was showing 'software up to date' but then noticed on the home page that 6.5.2.was available Flashed the SD card twice but no sign of thumb drive, just defaults to the radio page. Using USBridge Sig into Ian Canada FIFO>Ian Canada dual mono DAC Bisesic output transformers.
Sorted! In System Config, I changed USB auto-mounter to Devmon.
I've just tried that, it has not worked for me.
Strange thing is that it obviously sees the USB drive, as it updates the library and shows 5 albums. Yet only shows the radio station page not the SD Card or USB drive.
Pages: 1 2