Moode Forum

Full Version: Sync to Selected Players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wonder if there is a way to incorporate http://ejurgensen.github.io/forked-daapd/ into MoOode to get ability to sync to other devices?

[Image: feOZv2P.png]
Top 4 players in above list are MoOde devices.

I attempted to install on top of MoOde but cannot access the web interface on the default port (3689).  It probably conflicts with MoOde webserver or MPD or who knows what.  It however works great on raspbian and diet-pi clean install.  Might setup another piZero W just for forked-daapd or add a docker container.
OK, I finally got it working on same device as Moode!

Interesting side effects:
Moode volume controls master volume on forked-daapd
Moode display reflects correct song/radio info

[Image: lOufhJh.png]
I vaguely remember this project. It looks like an entire music server.

Is this for multi-room sync audio?
It can play locally, in the case of being on the same machine as moode and it can also play to other devices (airplay), it has the ability to scan media folders and playlists.  I added the /mnt/SDCARD folder and it can use it no problem.  I'm going to try the radio playlist as well.

Currently playing and syncing to 4 players

[Image: 5KyMvqC.png]

There are some irregularities, I'm trying different things to see what breaks or works, lol.
The radio stations went missing so I think it changes some of the MPD settings.

I don't think Moode and forked-daapd can co-exist together on same device as they both rely on many of the same services.

However, forked-dapps is flawless in the sense that it:
  • Can find all my players
  • Allows individual volume adjustment for each player
  • Can seperate radio stations from regular music
  • Can play podcasts
  • Can play audio books
  • Web based, like MoOde (accessible on almost every device including smart TV browser)
I don't have iTunes, iPhone, or Windows (only Linux) and sync'd playback has plagued me until now.  For now forked-daapd works great as a stand alone device.  All my MoOde's are in perfect sync.  I have not tested different (non MoOde) airplay devices yet.

Someday, it would be awesome if MoOde could incorporate the finding and playing to other devices.  I looked at the projects github but as a non coder, it's all beyond me!
(06-19-2020, 12:26 AM)normand Wrote: [ -> ]The radio stations went missing so I think it changes some of the MPD settings.

I don't think Moode and forked-daapd can co-exist together on same device as they both rely on many of the same services.

• Can play podcasts
  • Can play audio books
  • Web based, like MoOde (accessible on almost every device including smart TV browser)
I don't have iTunes, iPhone, or Windows (only Linux) and sync'd playback has plagued me until now.  For now forked-daapd works great as a stand alone device.  All my MoOde's are in perfect sync.  I have not tested different (non MoOde) airplay devices yet.

Someday, it would be awesome if MoOde could incorporate the finding and playing to other devices.  I looked at the projects github but as a non coder, it's all beyond me!
Can you please update your post and share any special installation tips?
fyi, forked-daapd is now known as owntone. See https://github.com/owntone/owntone-server

ETA - the owntone README.md contains all I know about this server software.

Regards,
Kent
(04-25-2021, 07:06 PM)kiwipaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-19-2020, 12:26 AM)normand Wrote: [ -> ]The radio stations went missing so I think it changes some of the MPD settings.

• Can play podcasts
  • Can play audio books

Can you please update your post and share any special installation tips?
Being a previous use from another software I switched to moode, and try to implement some of the owntone (new name) features.

In think they must be apble to co-exist, in owntone, you can disble the "local" playback, and also make a blacklist of devices. So you cloud make sure no "loop" is created.
Owntone is also able to play a fifo named pipe. 
What i then would suggest for Moode: being able to output to a named pipe, (and
 at the same time to the local device).

If someone could give some hints, on that toppic, would be nice.

End goal for me would be: Moode plays to my Hifiberry, wontone picks-up to fifo-pipe, and plays to all othe airplay /chromecast etc devices.
MPD in moOde iis compiled with fifo and pipe, just do MPD -V.

Code:
Output plugins:
shout null fifo pipe alsa httpd recorder
(05-16-2021, 01:02 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]MPD in moOde iis compiled with fifo and pipe, just do MPD -V.

Code:
Output plugins:
shout null fifo pipe alsa httpd recorder

...is anyone able to share a step by step guide?