Moode Forum

Full Version: Install Moode from Rasp Pi Desktop help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,
Apologies if I am asking stupid questions, but I am trying to install Moode on a Lenovo Ideacentre Q190 which previously ran Windows 8.
I have succeeded in installing the Raspberry Pi Desktop software and replacing Windows 8 as the OS.
I am now trying to install Moode and have tried using the iso image mounted on both a USB drive and an SD card (with micro SD inserted into the holder).
Unfortunately I can't get the pc to boot from either of these and it either boots straight to the Raspberry Pi desktop (using the SD card) or boots to a black screen with just a flashing cursor in the top left hand corner (using the USB stick).

Can anyone help at all please? I thought that getting the Pi Desktop onto the PC would be the tricky part...where do I go from here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and apologies again if I am asking stupid questions!

Many Thanks

Dave
The Lenovo Ideacentre Q190 has an Intel Celeron CPU.

As stated on the moodeaudio.org landing page, moOdeOS is built exclusively for the ARM CPU used in the Raspberry Pi family.

You have no hope of booting moOde on the Lenovo.

Regards,
Kent
(07-06-2020, 12:36 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: [ -> ]The Lenovo Ideacentre Q190 has an Intel Celeron CPU.

As stated on the moodeaudio.org landing page, moOdeOS is built exclusively for the ARM CPU used in the Raspberry Pi family.

You have no hope of booting moOde on the Lenovo.

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent,
Thats a shame - but thanks for such a quck reply!
Cheers
Dave