Moode Forum

Full Version: how to attach local drive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello,
I would like to attach a 3T external hdd to the RPI running the MoOde.
I did tried with ext4 drive, but I see it does not automount it.

What is the "proper" way to do? Should I just connect it, mount it, will it show up under the library page?
Can I mount read only? Where should I mount it to?

Thanks a lot,
JG
(09-05-2020, 11:35 AM)Giordano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
I would like to attach a 3T external hdd to the RPI running the MoOde.
I did tried with ext4 drive, but I see it does not automount it.

What is the "proper" way to do? Should I just connect it, mount it, will it show up under the library page?
Can I mount read only? Where should I mount it to?

Thanks a lot,
JG

Hello Giordano,

when I connect an HDD it is shown under Music.
Don't forget to update USB under Moode.
[attachment=1598] [attachment=1599] [attachment=1600]

Moode recognizes FAT32, NTFS etc .....

I'm using Moode 4.2 and it works without any problems
Ciao Zeferino
Hello Cardone,
I have connected is, it is visible in /dev
( /dev/sda1                      3.6T  3.1T  405G  89% /media/zeneM )
but, under library I do not see USB at all.

In the config, I've tried both Devmon and Udisks-glue, but it does not come up.
It is mounted fine, under /media/zeneM and I can browse is, read it, write it (it ould be good to mount read only, but this is O.K. too), but it does not come up in the library.

I did tried the home button, the resfresh button. Did tried to reboot, but it just does not come up.
Or, am I missing something? Should I see it under library directly?

Thanks,
JG
[attachment=1606]Should I see it here?
Thanks,
JG
Menu, Update library
(09-06-2020, 07:24 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]Menu, Update library

but that updates every all , or not? A full update would run for ages. It should not be that I can only see the attached drive if I update everything.
Thanks,
JG
(09-06-2020, 07:15 PM)Giordano Wrote: [ -> ]Should I see it here?
Thanks,
JG

Yes.

Have you looked at the moode log (/var/log/moode.log) and the MPD log (/var/log/mpd/log) to be sure that no errors were logged for this drive and that audio tracks were discovered on it?

Here's an example for one of my moOde players with a small-ish (120GB) SSD attached. I told MPD to regenerate the library and here's the beginning of output from that operation as well as the line for this drive shown by the mount command:

Code:
pi@moode64:~ $ more /var/log/mpd/log
Sep 06 15:24 : update: updating USB/MUSIC/JAZZ/Bob Schwartz Quartet-Look for the Silver Lining/04.O Grande Amor.flac
Sep 06 15:24 : update: updating USB/MUSIC/JAZZ/Bob Schwartz Quartet-Look for the Silver Lining/01.Youd Be So Nice To Come Home To.flac
Sep 06 15:24 : update: updating USB/MUSIC/JAZZ/Bob Schwartz Quartet-Look for the Silver Lining/02.With Your Hand In Mine.flac
Sep 06 15:24 : update: updating USB/MUSIC/JAZZ/Bob Schwartz Quartet-Look for the Silver Lining/03.Tadds DelightBut Not For Me.flac
Sep 06 15:24 : update: updating USB/MUSIC/JAZZ/Bob Schwartz Quartet-Look for the Silver Lining/05.Mr. George.flac

pi@moode64:~ $ mount
/dev/sda1 on /media/MUSIC type vfat (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=ascii,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro)

Regards,
Kent
I'm not there yet to update on the drive, I do not even see it yet. In the mpd log, there is nothing about the attached drive and no errors in it.
Regards,
JG
Sorry. Should have looked for last minute posts before I posted my own.

It's a common mistake to think of the Directory>Folders selection to turn the moOde WebUI into a directory browser in a file manager app. It is not. It is a view of the sources which has been indexed by MPD. If you don't update or regenerate the Library it won't have indexed a new source.

Note that there is a setting available to automate the updating process when a USB source is inserted.

Regards,
Kent
(09-06-2020, 07:27 PM)Giordano Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-06-2020, 07:24 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]Menu, Update library

but that updates every all , or not? A full update would run for ages. It should not be that I can only see the attached drive if I update everything.
Thanks,
JG

MPD has to index the music collection otherwise you won't see anything in moOde's Library.
Pages: 1 2 3