Moode Forum

Full Version: Full Screen on Android Browser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello All,

I'm a very happy user of Moode on a Allo USBridge Sig.
Sounds awesome and really easy to setup and configure.

My problem is not to do with Moode per se, it's to do with Moode's web content.

I'm using a newly purchased Amazon Fire HD 10 to browse my music, a tad overkill but I want the bigger screen to see things better.

I’ve tried Amazon’s Silk browser and I’ve side loaded Firefox.
Both have the same problem, they won’t display Moode’s web pages full screen.
They behave by hiding tabs and the address bar when the page is scrolled down.
Moode’s pages don’t scroll down, they have sections within them that scroll.
So, ugly tabs and the address bar taking up screen space.

Before I go on, is there an easy setting for this I’ve missed?

If not then…

After a couple of fruitless hours searching for addons to force full screen & kiosk modes, I’ve found an article that describes how to request full screen from JavaScript.

I’ve done Windows desktop programming in the past, so I’m not afraid of some nitty gritty stuff. But I’m not conversant with how Moode serves its web pages and what I’d need to edit to invoke Fullscreen behaviour in the browser.

Would anyone know how to get some JavaScript FullScreen API fun injected into Moode’s web pages?

Article I refer to is this:
https://developers.google.com/web/update...screen-API

Kind regards,

The Red Guy
It doesn't answer to your question, but on Android im using Pi Music app, witch do full screen
(10-14-2020, 08:08 PM)TookaFace Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't answer to your question, but on Android im using Pi Music app, witch do full screen

It is a little hard to find in the PlayStore.... here is the link...(free trial or small paid version)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...n_US&gl=US

@The Red Guy

I've never had my hands on any of the Amazon Fire tablets so I don't know if they allow you to sideload the Android Chrome browser. 

Unlike Firefox, once you'd used the "Add to Home Screen" function in the Chrome browser while viewing the moOde player webUI, then starting from the resulting icon brings up the player in fullscreen---no browser navigation niff-naff. At least that's been true on my Android Pixel 3a phone and was true on the Nexus 9 tablet I used to use.

There is still that topbar with the time, notification icons, WiFi and data network icons, and battery charge level, if these have been enabled.

As for your direct question regarding JavaScript injection, I have a notion but JavaScript is not my forte so I'll let the frontend developers who know what they are talking about answer.

Regards,
Kent
(10-14-2020, 08:04 PM)The Red Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Hello All,

I'm a very happy user of Moode on a Allo USBridge Sig.
Sounds awesome and really easy to setup and configure.

My problem is not to do with Moode per se, it's to do with Moode's web content.

I'm using a newly purchased Amazon Fire HD 10 to browse my music, a tad overkill but I want the bigger screen to see things better.

I’ve tried Amazon’s Silk browser and I’ve side loaded Firefox.
Both have the same problem, they won’t display Moode’s web pages full screen.
They behave by hiding tabs and the address bar when the page is scrolled down.
Moode’s pages don’t scroll down, they have sections within them that scroll.
So, ugly tabs and the address bar taking up screen space.

Before I go on, is there an easy setting for this I’ve missed?

If not then…

After a couple of fruitless hours searching for addons to force full screen & kiosk modes, I’ve found an article that describes how to request full screen from JavaScript.

I’ve done Windows desktop programming in the past, so I’m not afraid of some nitty gritty stuff. But I’m not conversant with how Moode serves its web pages and what I’d need to edit to invoke Fullscreen behaviour in the browser.

Would anyone know how to get some JavaScript FullScreen API fun injected into Moode’s web pages?

Article I refer to is this:
https://developers.google.com/web/update...screen-API

Kind regards,

The Red Guy

I used Amazon Fire 7inch version, old one which I use to display. I know what you are doing here Smile

What I do is pinch-out on the empty area of Moode, (between the album art & volume dial) & this make the page look bigger and a scroll bar on the right side to appear (Silk browser scroll bar)

Then on the pahe, just a bit below the Silk address bar, I just swipe up and the screen becomes full screen as the top titles get hidden.
(10-14-2020, 08:52 PM)DRONE7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-14-2020, 08:08 PM)TookaFace Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't answer to your question, but on Android im using Pi Music app, witch do full screen

It is a little hard to find in the PlayStore.... here is the link...(free trial or small paid version)

Oh I like that little app, very nice.  Thanks.
Hello Everyone,

Thank you all for taking the time to reply.
I'll try getting chrome and seeing if that helps.

Best regards,

The Red Guy.
Firefox on Android doesn't do full screen, you have to use Google's Chrome browser or a Chromium based browser.
In Chrome you can save the page as a home screen shortcut, then launching that shortcut loads up fullscreen.

Edit: aaand just noticed Kent already posted that
Hello Everyone,

Thanks again for posting.

Side loading Goodle Chrome did not give me any option to add to a home screen and I could not remove the tab and address bar.

However, I have had sucess!

I downloaded and installed F-Droid, the Open Source Android app repository.

From there I downloaded and installed the FOSS Browser. FOSS = Free and Open Source Software.
I now have a nearly full screen experience, only a little bar at the bottom is shown Smile

Happy days!

Thanks everyone,

The Red Guy
Hi all

I made for android simple interface, almost full screen, for now only in portret mode (in landscape cut the bottom)

Mo0de APK By FKLCo

Is light aplication only 3.5K, good for old phone and tablets.

The aplication is clean but android scream at unknown application.

I dont know how to put picture hire.
Thanks for Moode
Sorry for my English.

On FHD phone
On old tablet
How look the program with MIT Inventor
My RPI0 Moode
Pages: 1 2