Moode Forum

Full Version: EQ toggle on playback screens.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It would be very handy to have the ability to have a button on the playback screen/playbar that would toggle on or off an equalisation setting.  For example, I switch between listening on headphones and speakers a few times a day and my EQ setup for headphones is very different to that I want through my speakers.  At the moment I have to remember to go into the Audio Configuration screen and switch off the crossfeed, or the parametric EQ or what have you.  If the Audio Configuration screens had a method to mark a setting for use on the toggle, the toggle could then switch the config in question in or out right from the playback screens.
Is this possible?  Would anyone else find it useful?
That would be most useful yes! To be able to A/B quickly between different equalisation or room correction curves would be handy.
(03-08-2021, 09:39 AM)gregvds Wrote: [ -> ]That would be most useful yes! To be able to A/B quickly between different equalisation or room correction curves would be handy.

Most of these settings need to restart the MPD to take effect, so there is always a little silent gap and the tune restarts which makes A/B testing less effective, but it would be better than currently for this purpose also.
@the_bertrum with camilladsp when selecting another configuration no restart of mpd is required. Only when turned on and off the music stops or restarts the current track, but still no restart of mpd
I use a empty configuration (called flat) with camilladsp as off to prevent the stop and easy switch between the multiple configurations.
The track just keeps playing while swithing between the different configurations.

And yes you need the upcoming 7.1 for this functionality.
(03-08-2021, 06:36 PM)bitlab Wrote: [ -> ]@the_bertrum with camilladsp when selecting another configuration no restart of mpd is required. Only when turned on and off the music stops or restarts the current track, but still no restart of mpd
I use a empty configuration (called flat) with camilladsp as off to prevent the stop and easy switch between the multiple configurations.
The track just keeps playing while swithing between the different configurations.

And yes you need the upcoming 7.1 for this functionality.

So using CamillaDSP, we could have a toggle that simply swaps between two previously identified configurations (or cycles through a list even).  That would be superb. and might be something I even have a chance of coding...

hmm, <strokes beard>...
This would be great - I use EQ for room correction, but obviously don't need this when I switch to headphones. It would be great to have an easy way to switch between configurations.