Moode Forum

Full Version: Official moOde 7.1.0 support thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
(04-09-2021, 08:51 AM)cirrower Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

My local UI crashes when moOde is on idle for a while, usually after the music has been paused or stopped playing.
I haven't been able to determine and exact amount of time, but at least 25'-30' are needed.

The local UI crashes with the error code RESULT_CODE_INVALID_CMDLINE_URL. Just clicking on Reload button shown, it's enough to recover.
moOde keeps running, I can search or play music through web interface or IR remote, just affects to the local UI.

I've attached a screenshot.

It seems to happen on every view, albums, play, coverview, but never when playing music. 

My setup is:

- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB
- 0,96" OLED display with pydPiper
- external 7" HDMI touch display
- never blank screen
- show coverview after 10'

Regards,
Joaquín

I've been cruising the InterWeb™ to see where else this error message has been discussed. There seems to be some consistency in people tracing it to chromium's use of memory---esoteric stuff like overflowing heaps, failure to garbage collect, etc. We've already run into a more serious failure mode involving memory usage, discussed in Local display function fails with HDMI in moOde 7.0.1. Your mode is less catastrophic since moOde keeps running and you can recover the display, so the two issues may or may not be related.

I'm curious. Does clearing the local display browser cache (System Config page) make any difference in your case?

Regards,
Kent
(04-09-2021, 12:18 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: [ -> ]I've been cruising the InterWeb™ to see where else this error message has been discussed. There seems to be some consistency in people tracing it to chromium's use of memory---esoteric stuff like overflowing heaps, failure to garbage collect, etc. We've already run into a more serious failure mode involving memory usage, discussed in Local display function fails with HDMI in moOde 7.0.1. Your mode is less catastrophic since moOde keeps running and you can recover the display, so the two issues may or may not be related.

I'm curious. Does clearing the local display browser cache (System Config page) make any difference in your case?

Regards,
Kent

Yes, it's not a big deal, just annoying, local browser just restarts after clicking on reload.

I haven't tried it. Now I've just cleared the browser cache, refreshed the local browser, played and stopped a tune and moOde is on idle.
Now I will wait to see if it behaves any different.

Regards,
Joaquín
(04-09-2021, 12:52 PM)cirrower Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2021, 12:18 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: [ -> ]I've been cruising the InterWeb™ to see where else this error message has been discussed. There seems to be some consistency in people tracing it to chromium's use of memory---esoteric stuff like overflowing heaps, failure to garbage collect, etc. We've already run into a more serious failure mode involving memory usage, discussed in Local display function fails with HDMI in moOde 7.0.1. Your mode is less catastrophic since moOde keeps running and you can recover the display, so the two issues may or may not be related.

Regards,
Kent

Yes, it's not a big deal, just annoying, local browser just restarts after clicking on reload.

I haven't tried it. Now I've just cleared the browser cache, refreshed the local browser, played and stopped a tune and moOde is on idle.
Now I will wait to see if it behaves any different.

Regards,
Joaquín

No luck, even after clearing browser cache, after 24' the local UI has crashed and shown the error.

I've wondered if I could find any log reflecting the error and I found this:

/var/log/kern.log

Code:
Apr  9 15:24:35 moode kernel: [ 2590.155519] mmap: chromium-browse (1453): VmData 2147561472 exceed data ulimit 2147483647. Update limits or use boot option ignore_rlimit_data.
Apr  9 15:24:35 moode kernel: [ 2590.155558] Unhandled prefetch abort: breakpoint debug exception (0x222) at 0x00000000

/var/log/messages

Code:
Apr  9 15:24:35 moode kernel: [ 2590.155519] mmap: chromium-browse (1453): VmData 2147561472 exceed data ulimit 2147483647. Update limits or use boot option ignore_rlimit_data.

/var/log/syslog

Code:
Apr  9 15:24:35 moode kernel: [ 2590.155558] Unhandled prefetch abort: breakpoint debug exception (0x222) at 0x00000000

Regards,
Joaquín
@cirrower

Thanks for that, Joaquin. lt looks like the two issues are closely related.

I've got some things I have to do IRL before I can return to the HDMI local display issue. In the meantime, if you are willing could you try the following?

1. Install the lsof utility

Code:
sudo apt-get -y install lsof

2. When you experience the INVALID_CMDLINE_URL result code, run the following from the command line and report the result

Code:
lsof | cut -d' ' -f1 | sort | uniq -c | grep chrom

Here's example output from a moOde 7.1.0 player with local display enabled on an official 7-in LCD display (DSI, not HDMI). The player is behaving normally.

Code:
pi@710LD:~ $ lsof | cut -d' ' -f1 | sort | uniq -c | grep chrom
 17048 chromium-

In a nutshell, this compound command counts all the open file handles "owned" by any of the chromium browser threads. The number reported above is already outrageously high but nowhere near the limit (set elsewhere). I'm curious to see if you get an even higher count.

Regards,
Kent
(04-08-2021, 06:37 AM)bitlab Wrote: [ -> ]@eddywouldgo
You don't need a DAC to build the software.
Is there a specific reason why you don't download the working image, but try to build it yourself from scratch?

Thanks for that question, it is clarifying. I read the Moode OS Builder document and misinterpreted it.

If my understanding is correct, what I am supposed to do is burn the image at your link to SD, and then boot from that, right?
I am attempting the direct build method. If I were to attempt the USB-SD card method, do I burn the moode-r710-iso to the boot SD card and put an empty SD card in the USB slot, then after the first stage of the build and before restarting the pi, replace the original boot SD card with the one that was in the USB?

My latest attempt at the direct build from the moode-r710-iso image results in the error below after the first reboot and there is no way to reboot the pi from ssh, as the command line prompt disappears. Closing the ssh session to spawn a new one where the command line appears results in a connection time out. Forcible shutdown via power cable and reboot results in no boot at all.
Code:
Errors were encountered while processing:
/tmp/apt-dpkg-install-ogI9Kv/09-chromium-browser_88.0.4324.187-rpt1_armhf.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
** Error: upgrade failed
** Error: image build exited
** Error: reboot to resume the build

Sorry if I am missing something obvious.
(04-09-2021, 04:27 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: [ -> ]@cirrower

Thanks for that, Joaquin. lt looks like the two issues are closely related.

I've got some things I have to do IRL before I can return to the HDMI local display issue. In the meantime, if you are willing could you try the following?

1. Install the lsof utility

Code:
sudo apt-get -y install lsof

2. When you experience the INVALID_CMDLINE_URL result code, run the following from the command line and report the result

Code:
lsof | cut -d' ' -f1 | sort | uniq -c | grep chrom

Here's example output from a moOde 7.1.0 player with local display enabled on an official 7-in LCD display (DSI, not HDMI). The player is behaving normally.

Code:
pi@710LD:~ $ lsof | cut -d' ' -f1 | sort | uniq -c | grep chrom
 17048 chromium-

In a nutshell, this compound command counts all the open file handles "owned" by any of the chromium browser threads. The number reported above is already outrageously high but nowhere near the limit (set elsewhere). I'm curious to see if you get an even higher count.

Regards,
Kent

Here it is, the first one it's just after installation, two more during idle time, and the last after crashing:

Code:
pi@moode:~ $ lsof | cut -d' ' -f1 | sort | uniq -c | grep chrom
lsof: WARNING: can't stat() nsfs file system /run/docker/netns/default                                                                                                                      
      Output information may be incomplete.                                                                                                                                                 
  18736 chromium-

18571 chromium-

18530 chromium-

16462 chromium-
@cirrower

Thanks for going the extra mile. Your finding would seem to exclude one of the possible error modes which have been suggested in various Chromium forums. One down, "n" more to go.

Regards,
Kent
(04-08-2021, 11:27 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2021, 12:16 AM)eddywouldgo Wrote: [ -> ]I'm working on a new build of 7.1 on a Pi 3B+ and keep getting stuck in the same place. Am using the direct build method and everything goes well until I get down to Component 10, where I keep getting the message below. Have rebooted a number of times with same result. For what it's worth, I do not yet have a DAC attached. I haven't gotten one yet, just going one step at a time. Not sure if that matters.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
Code:
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//
// COMPONENT 10 - Allo Boss 2 OLED display
//
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Install Python libs
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
python-pil is already the newest version (5.4.1-2+deb10u2).
python-smbus is already the newest version (4.1-1).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Install Display driver
Install Systemd unit
cp: cannot stat './moode/lib/systemd/system/boss2oled.service': No such file or directory
** Error: Install failed
** Error: image build exited
** Error: reboot to resume the build

That file is in the sources zip for the current version of mosbuild. 
http://moodeaudio.org/downloads/src/moode-r710.zip
After realizing that I was misinterpreting the install process, I went to the USB SD card method. The exact same error persists, even though the file shows up (and is not empty) if I  pull the sd card and look at it on my laptop, as shown here. Where might I or the process be going wrong? I have a fairly complete moslog record for the latest installation attempt, but the forum seems not to allow txt or rtf file attachments.
Thanks.
Update on my Raspberry Pi 3 did not work. Most of the Config screens did not display, although the audio worked Okay.
Had to re-image with new version and this works fine. The only problem with starting from scratch is the time to rescan my music collection. Is it possible that someone has a backup script ?
(04-10-2021, 08:04 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: [ -> ]@cirrower

Thanks for going the extra mile. Your finding would seem to exclude one of the possible error modes which have been suggested in various Chromium forums. One down, "n" more to go.

Regards,
Kent

Not at all, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Joaquín.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19