Moode Forum

Full Version: My problem with Qobuz and Moode on Usbridge sig.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Unfortunately, Qobuz sounds for me only with a resolution not higher than SD - 16 bit / 44.1 kHz, which I must put on "mconnect". At higher settings, the sound becomes choppy. Advise how to solve this problem. My system: Moode 7.1 on Allo Usbridge sig.
Thread moved from Feedback to Support
This appears to be quite common with mconnect, mconnect tends to resample any source material to 16/44 using an inefficient method and if that source material is hi-res the mobile device running mconnect can run out of steam.
Doesn't happen on other UPnP clients such as BubbleUPnP so ditch mconnect.
Where actually are you measuring this 16bit / 44.1kHz?

I have mconnectLite on an iPad streaming a Qobuz "HiRes" album to moOde 7.1.0 to a USB DAC (Khadas Tone 1 Board). The mconnectLite Player window says FLAC | 24bit | 96.0kHz | 2455kbps.

The Audio info popup on my moOde player says

Code:
INPUT / OUTPUT
Source       http://192.168.4.30:17516/qobuz/116129923.flac
Encoded at   Unknown
Decoded to   24 bit, 96 kHz, Stereo, 2.371 Mbps
Destination  Local
Output rate  32 bit, 96 kHz, Stereo, 6.144 Mbps

Looks good to me.

Regards,
Kent

PS - My mconnectLite setting is "WiFi: HiRes - 24 bit / up tp 192 kHz". Are you by any chance using a "Mobile Network" connection instead?
(03-23-2021, 12:08 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: [ -> ]Where actually are you measuring this 16bit / 44.1kHz?

I have mconnectLite on an iPad streaming a Qobuz "HiRes" album to moOde 7.1.0 to a USB DAC (Khadas Tone 1 Board). The mconnectLite Player window says FLAC | 24bit | 96.0kHz | 2455kbps.

The Audio info popup on my moOde player says

Code:
INPUT / OUTPUT
Source       http://192.168.4.30:17516/qobuz/116129923.flac
Encoded at   Unknown
Decoded to   24 bit, 96 kHz, Stereo, 2.371 Mbps
Destination  Local
Output rate  32 bit, 96 kHz, Stereo, 6.144 Mbps
No, I use wired ethernet connection
Looks good to me.

Regards,
Kent

PS - My mconnectLite setting is "WiFi: HiRes - 24 bit / up tp 192 kHz". Are you by any chance using a "Mobile Network" connection instead?

No, I use wired ethernet connection
@Rexalex

I'm sorry; I'm confused.

I thought mconnect apps were available only for iOS (Apple) and Android tablets and phones. While I suppose it is possible to connect these devices by wired Ethernet, I've never seen anyone do it.

To be able to offer constructive advice, we need to know your entire audio chain including any control points and media servers and not just "My system: Moode 7.1 on Allo Usbridge sig."

Regards,
Kent
I've only tried mconnect on Android and on multiple devices it was hot garbage, seems that it's more mature on iOS but there's been reports of similar issues with mconnect on this very forum.

That aside kinda agreeing with @TheOldPresbyope that OP isn't making a lot of sense here, with the limited info all I'll suggest is to avoid mconnect and use a different UPnP client app.