Moode Forum

Full Version: How about Tidal Connect ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey, 

I love this Software and use it exclusively but to stream music from tidal to the raspberry pi on wich Moode is currently running,
Im currently relying on m connect. And although Im not a big fan of the tidal interface as well I find it much more enjoyable
than m connect - Therefore an implementaion of Tidal Connect would be absolutely great Smile
Tongue
If you do a search of the Forum you will discover why this is unlikely to happen. Smile
(03-30-2021, 03:50 PM)Mad63 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, 

I love this Software and use it exclusively but to stream music from tidal to the raspberry pi on wich Moode is currently running,
Im currently relying on m connect. And although Im not a big fan of the tidal interface as well I find it much more enjoyable
than m connect - Therefore an implementaion of Tidal Connect would be absolutely great Smile
Tongue

Hi,

You can try to install this https://github.com/shawaj/HiTide using ssh. It works perfectly for me Smile

Cheers
(04-09-2021, 11:58 AM)jusmoky Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-30-2021, 03:50 PM)Mad63 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, 

Tongue

Hi,

You can try to install this https://github.com/shawaj/HiTide using ssh. It works perfectly for me Smile

Cheers

This "solution" has already been discussed http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...7#pid30917. It looks very much like stolen code and is neither endorsed or supported on this forum.

Regards,
Kent
Yet another question about the possibility of Tidal connect :-). Now that Volumio has implemented Tidal connect and it is just a pass through, so no unfolding (so I assume no DRM or anything). Is there a possibility for future Tidal connect implementation in this way? Thanks! Ps please no replies/discussions about the format MQA itself
It is the TIDAL folks you need to pester. Until there is an open-source connect module, it won't be included in moOde. You are giving TIDAL lots of money each month, go and pester them until they let you use the service you pay for in the way you want to use it.
(04-30-2021, 12:56 PM)the_bertrum Wrote: [ -> ]It is the TIDAL folks you need to pester.  Until there is an open-source connect module, it won't be included in moOde.  You are giving TIDAL lots of money each month, go and pester them until they let you use the service you pay for in the way you want to use it.

Do you know how much is the fee, is it one time, monthly, yearly?

Maybe moode could open a donation for this specific feature.
(04-30-2021, 02:14 PM)Klavius Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-30-2021, 12:56 PM)the_bertrum Wrote: [ -> ]It is the TIDAL folks you need to pester.  Until there is an open-source connect module, it won't be included in moOde.  You are giving TIDAL lots of money each month, go and pester them until they let you use the service you pay for in the way you want to use it.

Do you know how much is the fee, is it one time, monthly, yearly?

Maybe moode could open a donation for this specific feature.

I'm referring to the fee that subscribers pay to TIDAL to be allowed to stream music from TIDAL.  Those subscribers are buying a service from TIDAL and that service currently does not come in a package that allows them to consume that product like they want to.  They need to ask TIDAL to provide that package, which is a truly open source implementation of the TIDAL connect module that could then be built into moOde and other projects.
Can you advise the wording for this request that users can send to tidal, please?
Hi All, is the Tidal Connect included in the Moode Audio roadmap?
In my modest opinion, this is a very important feature for all hifi lovers and Moode Audio fans.
Thanks.
Pages: 1 2