Moode Forum

Full Version: Equalizer with db range defined.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right now Equalization works without units. I propose EQ to show range of gain in db for each band, so you can "quantify" adjustment done.

For example +18 db, 0 db, -18 db

This request come from idea and issues explained in http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...8#pid33068
Why not use the already present parametric eq instead?
It also has 10 bands and uses dB for the gain. With the correct Q it behaves the same as a GEQ.
Or even use Camilladsp?
(05-01-2021, 11:25 PM)bitlab Wrote: [ -> ]Why not use the already present parametric eq instead?
It also has 10 bands and uses dB for the gain. With the correct Q it behaves the same as a GEQ.
Or even use Camilladsp?

Because 10 bands EQ is easier and understable for all people to setup. When I saw parametric EQ, I didn't understood in the first look due the complexity of panel, I closed it and I went directy to EQ where I can see button like in my classic first Hi-Fi hardware. In fact, because of your comment I realize now I can use parametric. Rolleyes

I don't know what is Camilladsp. I will investigate, but again in first look it also seems complex to understand it.

So because your comment, I know now there is a workaround solution. My post now should be more "friendly setup" feature request rather than functionality.