Moode Forum

Full Version: Raspberry Pi Compute Module and PCIeX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello. I'm new here and didn't have time to read everything. 

I would like to support the Raspberry Pi Compute Module with an expansion board for it. The fact is that this expansion module has a pciex connector to which you can connect sound cards of a fairly high level. and most importantly, many cards are multichannel. which in turn, with the support of Camilla, will allow building multichannel systems.
@Traktorist3d

I'm not sure what to make of your statement "I'd like to support the Raspberry Pi Compute Module with an [audio] expansion board for it."

Does this mean you'd like to develop such support or you'd like someone to do it for you?

Either way, have a look at Jeff Geerling's GitHub issue to see what progress has been made with the CM4 and PCI Express audio cards. Only when such work is successful will moOde have a chance with these cards since it depends on support for such in RaspiOS.

Regards,
Kent
I'm a simple user)
I'm looking for solutions for the output of high-quality multichannel sound for building multi-way systems in a car.
Is it just to wait for now? Perhaps I'm wrong, but as far as I understand, for the output of multi-channel sound PI4 - Moode - Camilla, so far only USB sound cards, which are not of high quality on sale. And there is no I2S under PI4 multichannel either (.
@Traktorist3d

I'd suggest you try asking your questions on diyaudio.com. It has many forums but two, "PC based" and "Car Audio", seem particularly likely places to find folks with similar interests.

Regards,
Kent
ok then another option)) will moode work with NanoPi M4V2?
https://www.friendlyarm.com/index.php?ro...uct_id=268
moOde is designed specifically for the Raspberry Pi family of SBC's, RaspiOS and Raspberry Pi Linux kernel.

You prolly need to ask the manufacturer of NanoPi whether it can run RaspiOS.
I think I read somewhere that a CM4 interface board was available for the Allo USBridge Signature, which currently uses a CM3 and works very nicely in Moode Smile.
The CM3 and CM4 module sockets are not compatible with one another.
Correct, hence this concept of an interface board that could mount a CM4 into the USBridge’s CM3 connector. I read about it but I felt no need to take it any further; my USBridgeSig/DigiOneSig already does a fine job feeding my Naim DAC!
Interesting. You mean something like below?
https://www.gumstix.com/community/blog/h...ier-board/
Pages: 1 2