Moode Forum

Full Version: Spotify does not see the device
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, my raspberry does not appear in spotify's list of connectable devices. I have a Spotify premium account, and 3 devices with the app installed (iphone, samsung tablet, PC). My raspberry is a PI3, the moode version is 7.3.0, dac HifiBerry and is connected by wifi to the home network. I checked ssid, ip address, password and i can access the web page of the device from each device. I activated Moode renderer in the SetupAudio section but none of my devices detects the raspberry among the connectable objects as opposed to the same devices.  What could be the cause of the problem?  Thank you
Turn on Debug logging in System config, Reboot and then post the Moode log.

Code:
moodeutl -l
(08-27-2021, 09:11 PM)blino59 Wrote: [ -> ]... I activated Moode renderer in the SetupAudio section but none of my devices detects the raspberry among the connectable objects as opposed to the same devices....
Let's be specific about how you activated the renderer.
Under Spotify renderer, you changed the Spotify "Off" setting to "On" (with a green dot following "On")
*and*
you clicked the "SET" box
*and*
The moOde UI responded with a popup which declared "Spotify renderer on".
Is this correct?
Regards,
Kent
(08-27-2021, 09:11 PM)blino59 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, my raspberry does not appear in spotify's list of connectable devices. I have a Spotify premium account, and 3 devices with the app installed (iphone, samsung tablet, PC). My raspberry is a PI3, the moode version is 7.3.0, dac HifiBerry and is connected by wifi to the home network. I checked ssid, ip address, password and i can access the web page of the device from each device. I activated Moode renderer in the SetupAudio section but none of my devices detects the raspberry among the connectable objects as opposed to the same devices.  What could be the cause of the problem?  Thank you

I've noticed in the last week or so that MoOde occasionally still thinks it's connected to Spotify after a listening session, despite disconnecting via my phone & later listening on other devices in the house using the same account.  I find MoOde doesn't show in the list of available devices, even the next day.
If I open the MoOde player browser page it still shows connected to Spotify, if I press the disconnect button it becomes available to select again via my phone & connects & plays ok.

I've not had a lot of time to test, but I have been trying to stop the listening session in differnet ways to see if it made a difference & it hasn't.  I have tried just pausing the MoOde session on my phone via the Spotify app & not disconnecting from MoOde, but later opening the Spotify app on my phone to find it had disconnected from MoOde & listening on my phone & connecting to another Google device using Spotify Connect, then later checking MoOde which thinks it's still connected.
I have tried pausing MoOde on my phone using the Spotify app, then disconecting MoOde via the Spotify app & choosing to play on phone, listening to a few seconds of audio on the phone, then closing the Spotify app.  Makes no difference, I occasionally return to find MoOde is connected to Spotify again, according to the MoOde player webpage.
Pressing disconnect always makes the player available again.
(08-28-2021, 12:03 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-27-2021, 09:11 PM)blino59 Wrote: [ -> ]... I activated Moode renderer in the SetupAudio section but none of my devices detects the raspberry among the connectable objects as opposed to the same devices....
Under Spotify renderer, you changed the Spotify "Off" setting to "On" (with a green dot following "On")
*and*
*and*
Is this correct?
Regards,
Kent
(08-30-2021, 05:16 PM)blino59 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-28-2021, 12:03 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: [ -> ]
*and*
*and*
Is this correct?
Regards,
Kent

Hi, l followed the procedure you described
(08-28-2021, 11:43 AM)grasshopper Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-27-2021, 09:11 PM)blino59 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, my raspberry does not appear in spotify's list of connectable devices. I have a Spotify premium account, and 3 devices with the app installed (iphone, samsung tablet, PC). My raspberry is a PI3, the moode version is 7.3.0, dac HifiBerry and is connected by wifi to the home network. I checked ssid, ip address, password and i can access the web page of the device from each device. I activated Moode renderer in the SetupAudio section but none of my devices detects the raspberry among the connectable objects as opposed to the same devices.  What could be the cause of the problem?  Thank you

I've noticed in the last week or so that MoOde occasionally still thinks it's connected to Spotify after a listening session, despite disconnecting via my phone & later listening on other devices in the house using the same account.  I find MoOde doesn't show in the list of available devices, even the next day.
If I open the MoOde player browser page it still shows connected to Spotify, if I press the disconnect button it becomes available to select again via my phone & connects & plays ok.

I've not had a lot of time to test, but I have been trying to stop the listening session in differnet ways to see if it made a difference & it hasn't.  I have tried just pausing the MoOde session on my phone via the Spotify app & not disconnecting from MoOde, but later opening the Spotify app on my phone to find it had disconnected from MoOde & listening on my phone & connecting to another Google device using Spotify Connect, then later checking MoOde which thinks it's still connected.
I have tried pausing MoOde on my phone using the Spotify app, then disconecting MoOde via the Spotify app & choosing to play on phone, listening to a few seconds of audio on the phone, then closing the Spotify app.  Makes no difference, I occasionally return to find MoOde is connected to Spotify again, according to the MoOde player webpage.
Pressing disconnect always makes the player available again.

I've never been able to connect MoOde to spotify. I can connect my iphone to airplay and then use airplay render toconnect  MoOde.
(08-27-2021, 09:29 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]Turn on Debug logging in System config, Reboot and then post the Moode log.

Code:
moodeutl -l

Hi Tim, how can i extract the file from the system?
Menu, Configure, System

Scroll down and turn on SSH term server then open it. Userid = pi, password = moodeaudio

Enter the command moodeutl -l

Use mouse cursor to drag/highlight the log output then copy/paste it into a post.
@blino59

For sure post the diagnostic information Tim has asked for.

Meanwhile let's be clear about the other half of your earlier statement, to wit

Quote:I have a Spotify premium account, and 3 devices with the app installed (iphone, samsung tablet, PC). ... I activated Moode renderer in the SetupAudio section but none of my devices detects the raspberry among the connectable objects as opposed to the same devices.

Does the last part of this mean that, for each device, the Spotify app offers only itself in the "select a device" list?

Each Spotify app should list itself plus the moOde Spotify renderer plus the Spotify apps running on the other two devices. Basically this means each should list all Spotify Connect-compllant instances running on the LAN.

Example: 

On my little network here (using an iPhone as the WiFi Access Point to avoid the awful and insecure open WiFi network in my hotel) I have spun up Spotify apps on my Linux laptop (hostname "T520"), my Pixel 3a phone (hostname "Pixel 3a"), and my iPad (hostname "KARiPad"), as well as the Spotify renderer (name "Moode Spotify") running in moOde on an RPi4B.

Typical of the three apps, the Spotify app on my Pixel 3a phone sees "This phone" plus "Moode Spotify", "KARiPad", and "T520".

If all of your devices are connected to your LAN and each of your apps sees only itself then it may be your router/access point isn't passing the protocols used by Spotify Connect.

Regards,
Kent
Pages: 1 2