Moode Forum

Full Version: Silly things while waiting for latest release..:-)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When you're twiddling your thumbs and looking through the junk-box for inspiration you might just find a long forgotten project...

I'm currently minding our wee dog who has had major knee surgery and needs watching well to not worry the stitches or attempt anything propulsive.

So with some time on my hands I revisited the project to get my 20+ yr old Psion5 to act as a terminal to control a MoOde player.

Today I managed to get the Psion communicating with Raspberry Pi O/S Lite !   Next step is to try the same with MoOde...
Woah, did u actually boot this box under RaspiOS?
Oh, man, when I think of fun things I could now with hardware I ditched decades ago ‘cuz it was “obsolete”. Sigh. We grow too soon old and too late smart. (I’ve seen this proverb attributed to various sources. My grandmother said it was Pennsylvania Dutch.)

Regards,
Kent
(09-21-2021, 09:55 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]Woah, did u actually boot this box under RaspiOS?

Nope....it is just a dumb terminal connected over a serial to usb converter to a Pi3B+  Smile
Just looking to have some local control that doesn't involve network, and full peripherals like keyboard, monitor etc.

and it is fun..