Moode Forum

Full Version: SDTV output
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was having trouble getting video output on the composite SDTV port of my raspberry pi B. I found that worker.php was issuing "tvservice -p" at startup, negating anything I tried with /etc/rc.local to manipulate the tv output.
By commenting this out as in https://github.com/andrewcrice/moode_zen...5793903588
 the composite output worked okay.
Curious, what's your usage scenario for composite TV?
(09-03-2018, 02:27 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]Curious, what's your usage scenario for composite TV?
Whoops, somehow missed this reply until DELGADEIN bumped the thread. For small screens on embedded projects, there aren't a lot of good affordable options with HDMI. There are some affordable small GPIO-based screens like Adafruit's piTFT, but they consume several pins. On the other hand, there's plenty of cheap composite screens out there for scavenge or purchase. My project involved hiding a 6" screen behind an antique radio's display glass. The viewing setup was intentionally sub-optimal, so composite signal fidelity was plenty good.