Moode Forum

Full Version: MP3 Playlist Creation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Forgive my ignorance, but I'm having trouble creating a playlist for my mp3 files.

I've copied them to /var/lib/mpd/music/SDCARD. I'm aware the playlist are stored /var/lib/mpd/playlists.  I just have Default Playlist.m3u in that directory currently. The file is blank though.  I removed the radio stations that were added by default on a new Moode 4.2 build on my PiZeroW as my application will never require radio stations.

When I use my browser on Windows PC, the Music tab shows my Music Library. I can right click the library and I'm given Add, Play, Clear/Play as options. If I choose add, all of my 100+ mp3 files show up in the Playback tab and I can play them without issue.

After I shutdown the Playback tab has been cleared. How do I make it permanent? My pi is used in the car with a DAC connecting Moode to my stock stereo's AUX port.   I've set Auto-Shuffle to ON, and Autoplay after start to ON. The idea is when I start the car Moode starts up and plays, and when I return to the car the playlist continues to shuffle.

I've checked online a bit and it seems I can create a m3u playlist using a text editor, but I'm not sure of the syntax Moode requires and would honestly prefer a more automated solution. Some mp3 file names are so long and I'm not that good at typing.  I'll make tons of mistakes for sure.  Even if I did make a playlist manually, does it reside in the playlist directory, or the same directory as the mp3 files?

Thanks in advance,
Andy
The main Playlist is permanent unless you manually clear it. There is no setting, MPD automatically saves it to its state file.
After a little playing around I think I have it working to my liking. I used SSH, went to /var/lib/mpd/music/SDCARD and then used ls to list the name of all my MP3s. I copied them all to the default playlist file Default Playlist.m3u in /var/lib/mpd/playlists. Then I added /SDCARD/ to the beginning of each MP3 file name and saved the playlist.

I tested it several times after shutdown and so far it seems to be working.

I previously had Moode 4.1 and it seemed that when I added a song to the playlist it stayed permanently. Not sure why it would not this time around. I had to build 4.2 several times before it would work. I followed what FizzyTea did here:  http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=307. I built Moode 4.2 on a Pi3. I then slotted my sd card into the pi zero w and have a working Moode player v4.2.

Maybe its just my build but over the last few days I rebuilt Moode 4.2 about 6 times until I got it working to my liking.

It's a great project, I love it.  Keep up the fantastic work.