Moode Forum

Full Version: Boot Up Time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I was wondering what bootup time i can achieve on moode 4.2 with my setup:
RPi2, LAN (fixed IP), Spotify Services running
I measured ca. 38s from cold start to autostart of a radio.

That is not too bad, but maybe there are some settings I can turn off to get a faster boot sequence?
Also, I'm on a Type 4 SD card, which I probably should replace...?

Kind regards,
Chris
Sandisk Ultra Class 10 cards are excellent. Once you upgrade to this class of card then turn some things off as described below and you should see a reduction in boot time.

On System config.

HDMI port: OFF
Wait for Eth0 address: OFF
LocalUI display : OFF
Metadata file: OFF
LCD update engine: OFF
SSH term server: OFF
Debug logging: OFF

Same on Audio config. Only turn ON the renderers and other services that you are actually using.

-Tim
For those interested: With a new UC10 SD card I got 34s, same settings as before.
Turning off the SSH terminal server didnt have measurable effect for me (<<1s).
(10-04-2018, 09:08 AM)abrakadabra2k Wrote: [ -> ]For those interested: With a new UC10 SD card I got 34s, same settings as before.

I remember the good old days (I'm talking half a century ago) when I had to wait a minute or two for my vacuum-tube  components to warm up to the point  the FM tuner was stable enough to lock in on a stereo station and more like 30 minutes to an hour before all the components in the system had equilibrated thermally (man, those EL34s kicked off a lot of heat, but I loved the glow of their filaments in the dark). Times change. Some times for the better Smile
(10-04-2018, 03:08 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-04-2018, 09:08 AM)abrakadabra2k Wrote: [ -> ]For those interested: With a new UC10 SD card I got 34s, same settings as before.

I remember the good old days (I'm talking half a century ago) when I had to wait a minute or two for my vacuum-tube  components to warm up to the point  the FM tuner was stable enough to lock in on a stereo station and more like 30 minutes to an hour before all the components in the system had equilibrated thermally (man, those EL34s kicked off a lot of heat, but I loved the glow of their filaments in the dark). Times change. Some times for the better Smile

Agree change is everywhere, in my case I have managed to move into the world of SBC and moOde audio while keeping the lights low. My little Jolida goes back nearly quarter of a century. [attachment=258]
Sweet :-)

Plus a vintage BMW