Moode Forum

Full Version: Can I use a Hifiberry DAC+ zero?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

Iam using a Rpi0w with a external USB soundcard but I want to upgrade. Can I use a Hifiberry DAC+ zero with Moodeaudio? And do I need to select the normal Hifiberry DAC+ in the menu?
What I2S driver does Hifiberry specify for their DAC+ Zero device?
(10-31-2018, 12:02 AM)rudyhov Wrote: [ -> ]Hello!

Iam using a Rpi0w with a external USB soundcard but I want to upgrade. Can I use a Hifiberry DAC+ zero with Moodeaudio? And do I need to select the normal Hifiberry DAC+ in the menu?

You can use the Hifiberry DAC+ zero with Moodeaudio. Simply choose 'Hifi Berry DAC' as your I2S Audio Device. Not the 'Hifi Berry DAC+'
(10-31-2018, 12:32 PM)rylfas Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-31-2018, 12:02 AM)rudyhov Wrote: [ -> ]Hello!

You can use the Hifiberry DAC+ zero with Moodeaudio. Simply choose 'Hifi Berry DAC' as your I2S Audio Device. Not the 'Hifi Berry DAC+'

I had a Pi Zero working at one time with a Pi Zero HiFiBerry DAC+ (Version 1.0.1) board and had issues selecting HiFiBerry DAC+ in Moode. I had to go into config.txt and set
dtoverlay=hifiberry-dac

I never tried it the way rylfas mentions, so that may have solved my issue.

Gary
Its working! thanks guys!
With Moode 6.x, and using the HiFiBerry DAC+ zero, should I be selecting the "HiFiBerry DAC Zero" or the "HiFiBerry DAC+" or "HiFiBerry DAC+ ADC" or "HiFiBerry DAC"?

There's plenty of choices, but nothing listed as the "HiFiBerry DAC+ Zero".
What dtoverlay does the DAC+Zero use?

I can add an entry for it in the device database.
(10-16-2019, 08:40 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]What dtoverlay does the DAC+Zero use?

I can add an entry for it in the device database.

I've no idea. I don't even know what dtoverlay means!

I can e-mail them though...
Found this on their forum:
Quote:Hi,

for the HiFiBerry DAC+ Zero, you need to user the hifiberry-dac overlay. This should work with practically all distributions.

and
Quote:Hi,
for the DAC+ Zero, you need to use the hifiberry-dac overlay, not hifiberry-dacplus
Best regards,
Daniel
Thanks, I'll add for the 6.3.1 update.