Moode Forum

Full Version: Display moOde UI to Sony TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I added moOde and Allo Digi Signature to our entertainment center everything sounds great. One use case scenario is to play moOde with auto shuffle for my spouse. I have showed her how she can use ipad to see what is playing. Works great with Safari but now she said she prefer to see the lovely UI on out TV. Is it as simple as connecting an hdmi to Pi and AV processor with the hdmi on withing moOde?  Thanks
(12-27-2018, 01:39 AM)Onionhead Wrote: [ -> ]I added moOde and Allo Digi Signature to our entertainment center everything sounds great. One use case scenario is to play moOde with auto shuffle for my spouse. I have showed her how she can use ipad to see what is playing. Works great with Safari but now she said she prefer to see the lovely UI on out TV. Is it as simple as connecting an hdmi to Pi and AV processor with the hdmi on withing moOde?  Thanks

Tim,

If you connect your TV to the RPi with an HDMI cable, set the TV to the correct input source, you will see the moOde UI onto your TV, it's as simple as that… :-)

J
Don't forget to turn on "Local U display" in System config :-)
Johan & Tim - Thanks for the confirmation. Spousal Acceptance Factor is trending around here.

[Image: 20181227_162223_HDR_zpspvit2puz.jpg]
(12-27-2018, 01:51 AM)JST1963 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-27-2018, 01:39 AM)Onionhead Wrote: [ -> ]I added moOde and Allo Digi Signature to our entertainment center everything sounds great. One use case scenario is to play moOde with auto shuffle for my spouse. I have showed her how she can use ipad to see what is playing. Works great with Safari but now she said she prefer to see the lovely UI on out TV. Is it as simple as connecting an hdmi to Pi and AV processor with the hdmi on withing moOde?  Thanks

Tim,

If you connect your TV to the RPi with an HDMI cable, set the TV to the correct input source, you will see the moOde UI onto your TV, it's as simple as that… :-)

J

Hi!

This is really very simple, but what if KODI is running? Can I set HDMI0 to KODI and HDMI1 to Moode? (Raspberry Pi 4)

Thanks!
(04-20-2020, 12:39 PM)ambrits Wrote: [ -> ]

Tim,

J

Hi!

This is really very simple, but what if KODI is running? Can I set HDMI0  to KODI and HDMI1 to Moode? (Raspberry Pi 4)

Thanks!

Why don't you try it and report back...?
(04-21-2020, 05:53 AM)CallMeMike Wrote: [ -> ]

Tim,

J

Hi!

This is really very simple, but what if KODI is running? Can I set HDMI0  to KODI and HDMI1 to Moode? (Raspberry Pi 4)

Thanks!

Why don't you try it and report back...?

because I don't know how

Tim,

J

Hi!

Thanks!

moOde and Kodi are not compatible with one another because they each require exclusive control over the audio stack and other parts of Linux configuration.

With regard to the 2 HDMI ports on the 4B, moOde only supports HDMI0 for local display.
(04-22-2020, 12:32 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: [ -> ]

Tim,

J

Hi!

Thanks!

moOde and Kodi are not compatible with one another because they each require exclusive control over the audio stack and other parts of Linux configuration.

With regard to the 2 HDMI ports on the 4B, moOde only supports HDMI0 for local display.

Thank You!