Moode Forum
[PROBLEM] Playlists - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Support (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] Playlists (/showthread.php?tid=1500)

Pages: 1 2

Playlists - dcoffey - 07-02-2019

I have recently migrated from a hand crafted MPD install to Moode.  I have Moode 5.3 is running on a RPI 3B.   I like the GUI control panel though for day to day activities I use MALP for managing the playing of music etc.   Well everything but the radio stations......  

In the old system I had a dozen or more playlists  stored on my NAS next to the directory where music files live.  I can surf over to that directory and Moode sees the playlists but cannot read them.  When invoked there is nothing to process as if the files are empty.  

This makes me think there is some specific content Moode is looking for in the m3u files.    Can I use m3u files created outside of Moode?  If so how? 

David

RE: Playlists - Tim Curtis - 07-02-2019

Hi,

Post one of the m3u files and I'll have a look.

RE: Playlists - dcoffey - 07-02-2019

(07-02-2019, 05:33 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

Post one of the m3u files and I'll have a look.

See attached m3u file.   I have checked line endings are set for UNIX, permissions are read to the world.  Possibly the path but it looks like that should be good also.

I don't see an attachment. It was probably blocked due to the Forum security settings.

MPD looks for Playlist files in the local directory /var/lib/mpd/playlists.

moOde also posts Samba shares that should show up in Windows and Mac "Network" browsers.

NAS
Radio
Playlists
SDCard

You can copy your playlists to the Playlists share.

RE: Playlists - swizzle - 07-02-2019

M3u is plain text, post the first 50 lines or so in a code block.

I forget if it was fixed but there used to be an issue with characters in filenames that moode didn’t like, ampersand was one.

I don't see a reference to tha particular issue in the relnotes but I do remember it.

RE: Playlists - dcoffey - 07-02-2019

I have in the past centralized all the playlists so they can be seem by all 3 of my devices. I tried to change the MPD config file for the location of the playlists but either I did not save it or it is rebuilt on the fly with every reboot.

Here is a sample of one playlist file:

/mnt/NAS/Mnemosyne/music_files/Jean-Luc Ponty/Imaginary Voyage/03. Imaginary Voyage - [Wandering The Milky Way].mp3
/mnt/NAS/Mnemosyne/music_files/Jean-Luc Ponty/Imaginary Voyage/04. Imaginary Voyage - [Once Upon A Dream].mp3
/mnt/NAS/Mnemosyne/music_files/Jean-Luc Ponty/Imaginary Voyage/05. Imaginary Voyage - [Tarantula].mp3
/mnt/NAS/Mnemosyne/music_files/Jean-Luc Ponty/Imaginary Voyage/06. Imaginary Voyage - [Imaginary Voyage Part I].mp3
/mnt/NAS/Mnemosyne/music_files/Jean-Luc Ponty/Imaginary Voyage/07. Imaginary Voyage - [Imaginary Voyage Part II].mp3
/mnt/NAS/Mnemosyne/music_files/Jean-Luc Ponty/Imaginary Voyage/08. Imaginary Voyage - [Imaginary Voyage Part III].mp3
/mnt/NAS/Mnemosyne/music_files/Jean-Luc Ponty/Imaginary Voyage/09. Imaginary Voyage - [Imaginary Voyage Part IV].mp3
/mnt/NAS/Mnemosyne/music_files/Jeff Beck/Best of Beck/03. Freeway Jam.flac
/mnt/NAS/Mnemosyne/music_files/Jeff Beck/Best of Beck/06. Beck's Bolero.flac
/mnt/NAS/Mnemosyne/music_files/Jeff Beck/Best of Beck/09. Goodbye Pork Pie Hat.flac
/mnt/NAS/Mnemosyne/music_files/Jeff Beck/Best of Beck/13. Scatterbrain.flac
/mnt/NAS/Mnemosyne/music_files/Jeff Beck/Jeff Beck with Terry Bozzio and Tony Hymas - Jeff Beck's Guitar Shop/01. Guitar Shop.flac
/mnt/NAS/Mnemosyne/music_files/Jeff Beck/Jeff Beck with Terry Bozzio and Tony Hymas - Jeff Beck's Guitar Shop/07. Day In The House.flac
/mnt/NAS/Mnemosyne/music_files/Journey/Journey/03. Kohoutek.flac
/mnt/NAS/Mnemosyne/music_files/King Crimson/In the Court of the Crimson King/02 - I Talk To The Wind.mp3
/mnt/NAS/Mnemosyne/music_files/King Crimson/In the Court of the Crimson King/04 - Moonchild.mp3
/mnt/NAS/Mnemosyne/music_files/King Crimson/In the Court of the Crimson King/03 - Epitaph.mp3
/mnt/NAS/Mnemosyne/music_files/Neal Schon & Jan Hammer/Untold Passion/03. The Ride.flac
/mnt/NAS/Mnemosyne/music_files/Neal Schon & Jan Hammer/Untold Passion/05. Arc.flac
/mnt/NAS/Mnemosyne/music_files/Neal Schon & Jan Hammer/Untold Passion/09. Untold Passion.flac
/mnt/NAS/Mnemosyne/music_files/Michael Quatro/In Collaboration With The Gods/03. Rockmanninoff's Prelude In C Blunt Funk.flac
/mnt/NAS/Mnemosyne/music_files/Pat Travers/Putting It Straight/06. Off Beat Ride.flac
/mnt/NAS/Mnemosyne/music_files/Peter Gabriel/Shaking the Tree Sixteen Golden Greats/01. Solsbury Hill.flac
/mnt/NAS/Mnemosyne/music_files/Peter Gabriel/Shaking the Tree Sixteen Golden Greats/05. Mercy Street.flac
/mnt/NAS/Mnemosyne/music_files/Peter Gabriel/Shaking the Tree Sixteen Golden Greats/06. Shaking the Tree (feat. Youssou N'Dour).flac
/mnt/NAS/Mnemosyne/music_files/Peter Gabriel/Shaking the Tree Sixteen Golden Greats/10. Red Rain.flac

Yes, /etc/mpd.conf is a moOde controlled file. It gets rewritten each time MPD config is saved.

You might try creating a symlink to your centralized playlist dir under /var/lib/mpd/playlists.

RE: Playlists - dcoffey - 07-03-2019

I had not thought of a link. My unix is somewhat rusty. I'll let you know what I find.
I had tried to copy my playlist files to the Moode directory and this failed. I don't recall the error now but it was as if they were not readable though the permissions were good.

RE: Playlists - dcoffey - 07-03-2019

I just copied all the playlist files from my central dir to /var/lib/mpd/playlists and they appear in the list with default etc but when added or played they do not appear in the current playlist. Obviously I was doing something wrong when I tried this last. Permissions and ownership are set to match the two already found in the directory. Owner is root/root and the permissions are rwxr-xr-x.