Moode Forum
Spotify Renderer - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Support (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Spotify Renderer (/showthread.php?tid=1526)

Spotify Renderer - jgee@vsgpartners.com - 07-10-2019

My Spotify Renderer recently stopped working properly (I am on Moode 5.3.1) and my Spotify settings are:

Friendly name = Moode Spotify
ALSA device = eqfa4p
Bit rate = 160
Initial volume = 30
Volume curve = Logarithmic
Volume normalization = Yes
Normalization pregain = 0
Resume MPD = No

When I turn on Spotify and select Moode, Moode shows that Spotify is active but it doesn't play Spotify. Rather it starts playing the current playlist again. Spotify then grays out Moode and plays through the computer speaker. 

It has worked fine up until now. I do have a premium account.

RE: Spotify Renderer - godt2p4 - 07-10-2019

My spotify renderer meets the same problem connected to Moode 5.3.1 with premium account.

RE: Spotify Renderer - Tim Curtis - 07-10-2019

(07-10-2019, 03:23 AM)jgee@vsgpartners.com Wrote: My Spotify Renderer recently stopped working properly (I am on Moode 5.3.1) and my Spotify settings are:

Friendly name = Moode Spotify
ALSA device = eqfa4p
Bit rate = 160
Initial volume = 30
Volume curve = Logarithmic
Volume normalization = Yes
Normalization pregain = 0
Resume MPD = No

When I turn on Spotify and select Moode, Moode shows that Spotify is active but it doesn't play Spotify. Rather it starts playing the current playlist again. Spotify then grays out Moode and plays through the computer speaker. 

It has worked fine up until now. I do have a premium account.

I'm not able to repro with your settings. I'm testing on moOde 6 using the Spotify app on my iPhone.

RE: Spotify Renderer - TheOldPresbyope - 07-10-2019

I just had an episode while trying to repro this issue.

moOde 5.3.1 on an RPi3B+ and current Spotify app on my iPad. All WiFi.

While upstairs away from the room my player is in, I opened the Spotify app, chose an album, and started playing it locally. I then selected the moOde player in "Connect to a device". The iPad went silent as I expected. 

Closed the iPad (magnetic cover puts it to sleep) and went downstairs to find moOde was playing a track in its current playlist. Opened the iPad to find the Spotify app connection had reverted to "This iPad". I reconnected to the moOde player and I'm listening to the rest of the album now.

Nothing suggestive in the usual logs but I wasn't logging librespot. 

I thought for a moment the episode might be due to a sometimes flaky WiFi upstairs but once the Spotify playlist is communicated to moOde it will continue to play even with my iPad turned off.

Regards,
Kent

RE: Spotify Renderer - Tim Curtis - 07-10-2019

You could edit /var/www/inc/playerlib.php, function startSpotify() to generate a verbose log for librespot.

Comment out the first line and uncomment the line below it, then restart Spotify renderer.

Code:
        ' > /dev/null 2>&1 &';
        //' -v > /home/pi/librespot.txt 2>&1 &'; // r45a debug

RE: Spotify Renderer - godt2p4 - 07-15-2019

It is quite strange that Spotify renderer is workable by MoOde 5.4 Beta2, without any issues in MoOde 5.3.1.
Great! Looking forward to BIG MoOde 6 and much more surprises.