Moode Forum
Does anyone use the Compilation Rollup option? - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Support (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Does anyone use the Compilation Rollup option? (/showthread.php?tid=1568)

Pages: 1 2 3

Does anyone use the Compilation Rollup option? - Tim Curtis - 08-06-2019

Hi,

The crew is trying to determine whether the Compilation Rollup option, which was added to Library options in the early days of moOde, is being used anymore.

The alternative is to simply set the AlbumArtist tag to "Various Artists" for any compilation albums in the collection.

-Tim

RE: Does anyone use the Compilation Rollup option? - Pieter - 08-06-2019

Squeed, the tagging application I use, automatically fills in Various Artists as the album artist for compilation albums (it scrapes the data from Discogs) so I’ve been using moOde with the roll up disabled. Moreover, the feature didn’t play nice with full albums that happen to have the same name: e.g. the albums Split by Efdemin and Split by Blue Hawaii would be rolled up together.

RE: Does anyone use the Compilation Rollup option? - Tim Curtis - 08-06-2019

Good info Pieter. We are looking to drop Compilation Rollup from moOde 6 to help reduce the complexity of the Library code. It was added in the very early days of moOde but I suspect that its probably not used anymore.

-Tim

RE: Does anyone use the Compilation Rollup option? - JST1963 - 08-06-2019

FYI, I have heaps of compilation albums, but I never used the CR option. I have my own way of organising this type of albums Wink

J

RE: Does anyone use the Compilation Rollup option? - suzywong - 08-06-2019

I’m not sure that I’ve ever used CR? I’ve tended to rip compilations (in DBPowerAmp), with “Various Artists” in the AlbumArtist field.

RE: Does anyone use the Compilation Rollup option? - TheOldPresbyope - 08-06-2019

My markup techniques have evolved over the years so my current library has a hodge-podge of metadata. Some albums work well with CR and some don't. Enough do (like a number of jazz CDs I ripped early on) that I often select that option. I'd be just as happy to see moOde settle on "Various Artists" and accordingly clean up my metadata en masse.

Regards,
Kent

RE: Does anyone use the Compilation Rollup option? - dwlacroix - 08-06-2019

It is turned off on my setup.

I don't realize how many albums I owned with the same name until I started using Moode. Pictures At An Exhibition was an interesting experience when I first queued it up (Prog rock, electronic, and symphony).

RE: Does anyone use the Compilation Rollup option? - TheOldPresbyope - 08-06-2019

(08-06-2019, 10:05 PM)dwlacroix Wrote: It is turned off on my setup.

I don't realize how many albums I owned with the same name until I started using Moode. Pictures At An Exhibition was an interesting experience when I first queued it up (Prog rock, electronic, and symphony).

Cool example!

RE: Does anyone use the Compilation Rollup option? - JanneP - 08-07-2019

I used it before but not anymore. I have set an album artist tag on every album and various artist tag for the compilation albums.
I have changed artist list ordering option to album artist in moode, works fine with my collection.

RE: Does anyone use the Compilation Rollup option? - duke.g - 08-07-2019

I use "Various" as Album Artist for compilations an have never had any problems with this. On the other hand I always had a lot of albums which were missorted when I tried to use CR. So I'm not going to use CR any more.

Thank you for a wonderful player.

Duke.G