Moode Forum
Allo USBridge Signature - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Audiophile (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Audio gear (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Allo USBridge Signature (/showthread.php?tid=1704)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Allo USBridge Signature - cryptout - 12-09-2019

I could use some help...

Sadly yesterday evening clicks and pops suddenly occurred during a listening session. I tried changing the MPD settings Audio buffer from 4096 with incremental steps to 20480 and also the fill before play from none to 30% but notting seems to work. I also did a few reboots and checked my cables. 
With some songs I get clicks within a minute, with others it takes longer. 
The weird thing is that the day before I did not hear clicks and pops with 30% fill before play and 4096 buffer. 

Any tips on what to do next?

PS,
I only play aiff or mp3 files and don't do resampling.

RE: Allo USBridge Signature - Tim Curtis - 12-09-2019

The symptoms suggest a hardware problem unless you have installed "OS tweaks" or manually modified the stock moOde configuration in some way, then it could be a software problem.

The "NN% fill before play" option is only visible with MPD 0.20 series which indicates that your version of moOde is older than the current 6.4.0 release.

Install a fresh 6.4.0 image which is based on MPD 0.21.16 and see if the problem remains. If it does then the cause would likely be something external to moOde software.

-Tim

RE: Allo USBridge Signature - cryptout - 12-09-2019

Okay I thought I needed the image linked by Allo. I've downloaded 6.4.0 now and did not hear any clicks or pops yet. Thanks Tim I'll report back after a few more hours of testing.

RE: Allo USBridge Signature - Tim Curtis - 12-09-2019

Nice :-)

The generally available moOde release from moodeaudio.org fully supports the SIG including the enhanced ASIX USB/Ethernet driver and the driver for Comfast CF-912AC Dual band WiFi adapter.

-Tim

RE: Allo USBridge Signature - cryptout - 12-10-2019

"Some hours later..."

Still no clicks and pops!  Big Grin

I did hear some at the default 4096 buffer. But after a few incremental steps up to 10240 it stoped and this seems to be perfect so far.

RE: Allo USBridge Signature - vmirmow - 12-14-2019

(12-09-2019, 12:02 PM)cryptout Wrote: I could use some help...

Sadly yesterday evening clicks and pops suddenly occurred during a listening session. I tried changing the MPD settings Audio buffer from 4096 with incremental steps to 20480 and also the fill before play from none to 30% but notting seems to work. I also did a few reboots and checked my cables. 
With some songs I get clicks within a minute, with others it takes longer. 
The weird thing is that the day before I did not hear clicks and pops with 30% fill before play and 4096 buffer. 

Any tips on what to do next?

PS,
I only play aiff or mp3 files and don't do resampling.

I was getting occasional clicks/pops too and found that they went away after changing the CPU governor from On-Demand to Performance. Still using default audio buffer settings.

RE: Allo USBridge Signature - franz159 - 12-14-2019

Hi, has anyone seen tested DSD with USBridge Signature?
I have read about reproduction issues with DSD on another couple of forums I follow.

RE: Allo USBridge Signature - Tim Curtis - 12-15-2019

I have a few DSF64 and 128 files and no issues playing as DoP or DSD -> PCM. My rig is Shanti + SIG + Katana.

What's your rig?

RE: Allo USBridge Signature - Tim Curtis - 12-15-2019

(12-14-2019, 03:34 PM)franz159 Wrote: Hi, has anyone seen tested DSD with USBridge Signature?
I have read about reproduction issues with DSD on another couple of forums I follow.

Can you post the links to these forums that talk about the DSD reproduction issues?

RE: Allo USBridge Signature - cryptout - 12-15-2019

@vmirmow

Thanks for pointing out the governor setting. Been listening hours without a single click or pop now.