Moode Forum
Great Allo/MoOde review on Audiophile Style - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Audiophile (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Sound quality (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: Great Allo/MoOde review on Audiophile Style (/showthread.php?tid=1924)

Pages: 1 2

Great Allo/MoOde review on Audiophile Style - jmarcusg - 11-26-2019

Great review on Audiophile Style on the Allo USBridge Sig using a variety of software systems. MoOde looking good!

"MoOde has surprised everyone who has listened to it on my system.  It is great!  In any mode we tried."

http://bit.ly/2OmCEVS

Congrats,
--
Marc

RE: Great Allo/MoOde review on Audiophile Style - Tim Curtis - 11-26-2019

Hi,

It's nice to see that users and companies are considering moOde as being the best cos the moOde crew works hard to make and support our audio software but unfortunately there is a lack of funding for the moOde project, particularly from commercial entities that benefit financially from our work.

Obviously this is not a sustainable situation.

-Tim

RE: Great Allo/MoOde review on Audiophile Style - JST1963 - 11-26-2019

Hi moOde fans,

RE: Great Allo/MoOde review on Audiophile Style - grasshopper - 11-26-2019

What a depressing thought, losing moode. I've donated more than once but should have set something up to drip feed the kitty each month, which I've now addressed. Would be a shame to lose it.

RE: Great Allo/MoOde review on Audiophile Style - MikeyFresh - 11-27-2019

(11-26-2019, 11:04 PM)grasshopper Wrote: What a depressing thought, losing moode.  I've donated more than once but should have set something up to drip feed the kitty each month, which I've now addressed.  Would be a shame to lose it.

I'm guessing lots of the participants here have donated multiple times (I have), and that's appropriate, but reading between the lines of Tim's post, I get the distinct feeling it is the Allos of the world that have come up short.

RE: Great Allo/MoOde review on Audiophile Style - JST1963 - 11-27-2019

Hi moOde fans,

RE: Great Allo/MoOde review on Audiophile Style - grasshopper - 11-27-2019

(11-27-2019, 07:21 PM)JST1963 Wrote: Well, I would take out every driver related to to brands that are not willing to cooporate. If Allo refuses to jump in, take them out, do not support any Allo product anymore,

The downside to that is that Allo owners won't can't use MoOde & will therefore not donate.  I have no idea if Tim was referring to Allo, they certainly bundle MoOde but I am happy to target hardware manufacturers & ask them to consider a donation each month.

RE: Great Allo/MoOde review on Audiophile Style - grasshopper - 11-27-2019

Just read the comments on the review posted above, nice to see the author asking for donations. I did see a post from allo.com in the comments, a snippet from it " we are working on a software that will be ALLO official version for USbridge based on Moode. We have some big surprises coming..."

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/57751-article-allo-usbridge-sig-review/?do=findComment&comment=1007258

RE: Great Allo/MoOde review on Audiophile Style - bobfa - 11-28-2019

All,

Thank you all,...  I wrote the aforementioned review of the Allo USBridge Sig, MoOde and more.  I am very pleased with what I have been listening to. Even more so with 6.4???.  I am a software engineer turned systems designer/consultant, and I know what it takes to maintain a project like MoOde.

I have already started contributing financially to the project and I am looking to see how I can contribute time working on the project personally.  I will also use what voice I have to help remind others that software is not free of time and talent along with the real operational costs of running the infrastructure.  

I am very happy that Tim and the team brought us this great software suite.  There are lots of people out there contributing to this whole software stack and I find that most gratifying.   Linux is a quiet revolution for a growing audience of people using all kinds of computing.

Those of us who benefit from this work really need to reflect on the value we receive and do what we can to support projects like MoOde. 

Many thanks!  

---------------
The purpose of life is not to be happy.
It is to be useful, to be honorable,
to be compassionate,
to have it make some difference
that you have lived and lived well.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

-------------------------
There’s music; always music

The Dr. to Missy
Season 1001, Ep. 10 The Eaters of Light.
See, Thats what I am trying to teach you Missy.  You understand the Universe you see it, you grasp it but you’ve never learned to hear the music.

RE: Great Allo/MoOde review on Audiophile Style - allo.com - 12-11-2019

Hello

just want to say thx you to Bob for the great review on both software and hardware .

Regarding financial support of the players , ALLO always supported open source projects in a variety of ways . Note that along with Moode there are a few other players and the difficulty arises as how to support al of them in an equal fashion

Tim and I , we have (I think :-) a very good working relation and we will try to arrive at an equitable solution , privately .