Moode Forum
[SOLVED] Connecting to Moode using filezila - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Support (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] Connecting to Moode using filezila (/showthread.php?tid=2705)

Pages: 1 2

Connecting to Moode using filezila - CityCentreFox - 06-25-2020

Good Afternoon All

Due to some issues with my PC I am no longer able to connect to my Pi3 B+ using map network drive to any of my devices on my network.

I am however able to connect to them using filezilla. All except MoOde.  I can however connect to the player interface using Microsoft Edge.

It is asking for a user name and password.  I don't remember setting one up so can anybody tell me the default user name and password?

I can then change it once connected.

I have spent 3 hours trying to solve the network issue without success.

Any help would be appricated.

Kind Regards

CCF

RE: Connecting to Moode using filezila - Cardone - 06-25-2020

(06-25-2020, 12:01 PM)CityCentreFox Wrote: Good Afternoon All

Due to some issues with my PC I am no longer able to connect to my Pi3 B+ using map network drive to any of my devices on my network.

I am however able to connect to them using filezilla. All except MoOde.  I can however connect to the player interface using Microsoft Edge.

It is asking for a user name and password.  I don't remember setting one up so can anybody tell me the default user name and password?

I can then change it once connected.

I have spent 3 hours trying to solve the network issue without success.

Any help would be appricated.

Kind Regards

CCF

You can see if that helps:
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=2604
Please read through us at the end of the link.

User: pi
Pass: moodeaudio

greeting
Zeferino

RE: Connecting to Moode using filezila - CityCentreFox - 09-13-2020

Hi

Sorry for replying veerrrryyy late!  Other issues arose.

Tried typing in the user pi and password moodeaudio.

it comes up with : Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server".

I can still however access and control the device via Microsoft Edge.

Is there anything else I could try?

Kind Regards

CCF

RE: Connecting to Moode using filezila - CallMeMike - 09-13-2020

MoOde is a 'headless' player... What reason would you have for NOT accessing the player via the easiest tool possible for GUI access like an Internet Browser...?

Hi again

Connecting to the player via a browser is not the issue.

The issue is connecting via filezilla so I am able to add music without having to unplug the usb hard drive from the pi, plugging it into the PC, copying the the new music to said usb hard drive then unplugging it from the Pc and back into the pi.

That is what I used the network share for.

KR

CCF

RE: Connecting to Moode using filezila - TheOldPresbyope - 09-13-2020

@CityCentreFox

Sorry to say, I paid no attention to this thread the first time around. For some reason the name Filezilla got equated in my brain with Windows. I tend to tune out Windows discussions, but of course there are Filezilla implementations for OS X and for Linux too.

As usual, the devil is in the details. You never told us the details: hostname, username, password, port. My guess is that you tried port 21 (FTP) and not port 22 (SFTP). 

The use of FTP has been deprecated for years because it is so insecure. All connection and control conversation between client and server is done in plain text. 

On the other hand, SFTP (= Secure File Transfer Protocol) is supported most everywhere. In Linux it's typically implemented in the SSH suite of tools.

Bottom line, there's nothing listening to port 21 on moOde or any other Linux host I use. However, port 22 is open and being listened to by the SFTP server on moOde. It identifies itself as "SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_7.9p1 Raspbian-10+deb10u2".

I just installed Filezilla on my LInux Mint laptop and tried connecting to a moOde player.

Let's try port 21 -

Code:
Status:    Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server".
Error:    Could not connect to server

and that's the same response I get if I try to connect to port 21 on the "big iron" Linux server in my basement too. (I would have gotten an equivalent response if I tried to telnet to port 21)

However, let's try port 22 -

Code:

Easy peasy.

Regards,
Kent

Thank you for your response

I tried your suggestion and it does indeed work

However....

There is no access to the connected hard drive.  Just files on the SD card.

Is that normal?

KR

CCF

RE: Connecting to Moode using filezila - TheOldPresbyope - 09-13-2020

(09-13-2020, 03:45 PM)CityCentreFox Wrote: Thank you for your response

I tried your suggestion and it does indeed work

However....

There is no access to the connected hard drive.  Just files on the SD card.

Is that normal?

KR

CCF

I assume the "connected hard drive" is a USB drive. Look under /media on the remote site and see if your drive contents are accessible there.

Regards,
Kent

Hello again.

Yes it is there!

Had to click out of the pi folder.  It wasn't showing a branch list (I think that's how you describe it).  Once I did that I saw the media folder.

Thank you kindly

Kind Regards

CCF

How do I show this as resolved?