Moode Forum
[PROBLEM] Shuffle Play on new System - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Support (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] Shuffle Play on new System (/showthread.php?tid=2751)

Pages: 1 2

Shuffle Play on new System - baloony2000 - 07-09-2020

Hey there,

i have installed Moode 6.5.2 yesterday on a Raspberry 1B. But the Auto-Shuffle is not working. On my other Paspberry 3 it is working fine.

I have a SSD via USB, which is working fine on the Raspi 3. On the Raspi 1B it is mounted and accessible, and Songs will played after adding to Playlist. But the Shuffle doesnt't work. I have activated Auto-Shuffle in the Audio-Config -> MPD Settings and activated the Random Button, but nothing happens. Even, when I play one or two songs from the library. The Auto Shuffle is not starting then.

Also the suggestions here in the forum to pause the current song and then activate the random button and so on are not successful.

My Moode Info:
Release Information Platform Information
  • Raspbian: 10.4
  • Linux kernel: 4.19.118+ #1311
  • Platform: Pi-1B 512MB
  • Architecture: armv6l
  • MPD version: 0.21.22

Which step in Configuration will help?

Jens

RE: Shuffle Play on new System - Tim Curtis - 07-09-2020

The symptom "activated the Random Button, but nothing happens" suggests auto-shuffle may have crashed.

Click the Random button ON, wait a moment and then run the command below. If it prints a number then ashuffle is running. If it doesn't print anything then ashuffle has crashed.

Code:
pgrep ashuffle

RE: Shuffle Play on new System - baloony2000 - 07-09-2020

(07-09-2020, 10:36 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The symptom "activated the Random Button, but nothing happens" suggests auto-shuffle may have crashed.

Click the Random button ON, wait a moment and then run the command below. If it prints a number then ashuffle is running. If it doesn't print anything then ashuffle has crashed.

Code:
pgrep ashuffle

It shows the Number 1401... Moode doesn't add 2 Songs... if i play one or not or pause it or toggle random button and wait.

RE: Shuffle Play on new System - Tim Curtis - 07-09-2020

Try running it from the cmd line and see if it prints any errors.

Click the Random button OFF, stop playback and then run the cmd below.

Code:
sudo ashuffle

RE: Shuffle Play on new System - baloony2000 - 07-09-2020

(07-09-2020, 08:53 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Try running it from the cmd line and see if it prints any errors.

Click the Random button OFF, stop playback and then run the cmd below.

Code:
sudo ashuffle

Done, answer after a few minutes:

"Picking random songs out of a pool of 28575."

"Connection closed by the server"

Great that you help me so fast...

I have made a sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get dist-upgrade before start... maybe is this a problem?

And: when i connect the USB SSD to my Notebook, there are only 14309 files... (???)

RE: Shuffle Play on new System - DRONE7 - 07-10-2020

Quote:I have made a sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get dist-upgrade before start... maybe is this a problem?

Bingo!       Don't do that ...you will just break things.

Download and flash a fresh image and reinstall. Make adjustments within the configuration tabs but don't do random updates and dist upgrades.

Watch the Announcements on the forum for official upgrades .. Smile

Note..I see you are using this on a Pi-1B (single core).

Two things to be aware of...

In the System tab have you changed the USB automounter to Devmon ?
The 1B will be considerably slower than your Pi3...sometimes you just need to be patient.

RE: Shuffle Play on new System - baloony2000 - 07-10-2020

(07-10-2020, 12:20 AM)DRONE7 Wrote:
Quote:I have made a sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get dist-upgrade before start... maybe is this a problem?

Bingo!       Don't do that ...you will just break things.

Download and flash a fresh image and reinstall. Make adjustments within the configuration tabs but don't do random updates and dist upgrades.

Watch the Announcements on the forum for official upgrades .. Smile

Note..I see you are using this on a Pi-1B (single core).

Two things to be aware of...

In the System tab have you changed the USB automounter to Devmon ?
The 1B will be considerably slower than your Pi3...sometimes you just need to be patient.
Thank you very much...!!!

i have Devmon for using my SSD... Songs will be played, but not randomly...

I will flash a new system without update/upgrade and will try out...

I report you here about it...

Have installed the downloaded ISO, configured it, (Autoshuffle on, Network and so on), no updates. Added 2 Songs from the library, played them and changed in 1st song the random Button to ON. After playing Song 2 nothing happened with Shuffle, no 2 Songs were randomly added...

RE: Shuffle Play on new System - Tim Curtis - 07-10-2020

Ashuffle stores its randomized list of song paths in RAM and is prolly exceeding the resource limits on old 1B.

(07-10-2020, 11:04 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Ashuffle stores its randomized list of song paths in RAM and is prolly exceeding the resource limits on old 1B.

that means, the 1B is not suitable for this... ?