Moode Forum
[IDEA] Booklets and sacd-iso - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Feature requests (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: [IDEA] Booklets and sacd-iso (/showthread.php?tid=3083)

Booklets and sacd-iso - Ferorake - 10-17-2020

Hi guys,
I use moode because for me it has the best sound quality, and overall it's a good experience. There are just 2 things that miss, for me very important and actually easy to implement I guess:
1) Sacd-iso ( I know I can convert with iso2dsd but I wanna preserve my ISO without have a copy )
2) Having the possibility to read the booklets of album directly from client. Shouldn't be hard to implement, in another SO there's an option called "booklet" that download in the device the booklet.pdf file inside the album folder

RE: Booklets and sacd-iso - DRONE7 - 10-17-2020

@Ferorake
Quote:for me very important and actually easy to implement I guess

So....why don't you code up those features and add a pull request to the Moode Github page. Smile

(Or, if that's not your forte then how do you know it's 'easy' ?  Wink   ) 

Given that Moode is accessed through it's web page from another device then why add overhead to the Pi when the other device probably has more processing power and apps already to handle those dedicated requests.
Not knocking your suggestions, just wondering about the practicalities. Smile

As Tim has said before...make a reasoned case for a new feature and if enough users want it he and the devs may consider it.

RE: Booklets and sacd-iso - TheOldPresbyope - 10-18-2020

(10-17-2020, 08:09 PM)Ferorake Wrote: ...
1) Sacd-iso ( I know I can convert with iso2dsd but I wanna preserve my ISO without have a copy )

There is no "sacd-iso" decoder in the official MPD distribution used by moOde.

There is an unofficial clone of the MPD github repo (a so-called "fork" of the code) which claims to have added SACD ISO support but it has not been merged with the official MPD distribution, nor do I see a pull request to start the process. At the moment it is 7 months behind current MPD development so I don't think it's being maintained. 

I don't speak for Tim. It is my opinion that this SACD ISO decoder would have to be maintained as part of the official MPD distribution before we'd bother with it.

Of course this is all free and open source software with explicit build instructions available so nothing is preventing you from building the unofficial fork of MPD and substituting the resulting binary for the MPD in moOde. There's some bits in moOde you'll likely have to change to account for the new file type but they'll become apparent when you test with the new MPD.

Good luck.

Regards,
Kent

RE: Booklets and sacd-iso - Tim Curtis - 10-18-2020

(10-17-2020, 08:09 PM)Ferorake Wrote: Hi guys,
I use moode because for me it has the best sound quality, and overall it's a good experience. There are just 2 things that miss, for me very important and actually easy to implement I guess:
2) Having the possibility to read the booklets of album directly from client. Shouldn't be hard to implement, in another SO there's an option called "booklet" that download in the device the booklet.pdf file inside the album folder

Try to make a compelling case for your requests to be implemented. They are competing with many other items on the TODO list.

RE: Booklets and sacd-iso - CallMeMike - 10-18-2020

(10-18-2020, 02:16 AM)n explicit Tim Curtis Wrote:

Try to make a compelling case for your requests to be implemented. They are competing with many other items on the TODO list.

If I may... Isn't it possible to assume that running SACD ISOs in 'real-time' would entail extra processing power that may affect negatively older RPi models or RPi set-ups without upgraded cooling... ?... hence the need for an explicit warning or explanation...

RE: Booklets and sacd-iso - praveen.sg8 - 07-02-2021

(10-18-2020, 02:16 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote:

HI Tim,
Is there still a solution to play iso files in moode. Have be trying  very hard to find a solution.

RE: Booklets and sacd-iso - Tim Curtis - 07-02-2021

You will need to convert them to DSF using something like iso2dsd utility.