Moode Forum
[SOLVED] No Access Point - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Support (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] No Access Point (/showthread.php?tid=58)

Pages: 1 2

No Access Point - paradox - 04-12-2018

Hello, 
I am totally new with moode audio. A came from Volumio an loved its ready-to-use Access Point - feature.
I really want to use Moode Audio offline on a music festival but unfortunately, the AP-Mode is not working on my Moodeaudio- image.

My Hardware- Setup:
  • Raspberry 3 B+
  • SanDisk Micro-SD-Card (32 GB) for the Moode Aduio- image
  • SanDisk Micro-SD-Card (16 GB) for the Rasbian Stretch Lite- image

I have done the following steps:
  1. Installed Stretch Lite on my 16 GB Micro-SD
  2. Started my RasPi with it.
  3. Entered the commands from the support-page moodeaudio.org via SSH (Putty)
  4. I configured it this way:
    - no proxy- WLAN connection (SSID and PW from my WLAN- router at home)- install image on USB- device (my 32 GB card was plugged in with a cheap usb-sd-adapter)- no backup image
  5. Installation was completed after a while
  6. Inserted new moode -sd card into my RasPi
  7. After a while, i was able to reach the Moode Audio- configuration- site with Chrome
  8. Navigated to network- page
  9. Removed SSID there ("AP-Mode enabled")
  10. Reboot
I have waited for a while, but no access point "Moode" was found with my smart phone.
Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks a lot,
Sascha

RE: No Access Point - Tim Curtis - 04-12-2018

Hi Sascha,

Try the following:

1. Open the Network config screen and set the Wifi country code to your locale then reboot.
2. If the AP still does not appear on your Smartphone then leave the Pi running and plug in an Ethernet cable.
3. Bring up the moOde UI and then Menu, Configure, System, then Menu System info
4. Click and drag to select all the content in the System info screen and then post it back to this thread

I'll have a look at it.

-Tim

RE: No Access Point - paradox - 04-13-2018

Entering the Wifi country code solved my issue. Thank you! :-)

RE: No Access Point - rikardo1979 - 04-13-2018

(04-13-2018, 08:43 AM)paradox Wrote: Entering the Wifi country code solved my issue. Thank you! :-)

Thats great. Nice to see that your problem was resolved.

Please if you can edit your first post and change prefix of this thread to [SOLVED]

Thank you

RE: No Access Point - vijapra - 09-04-2018

Hello, I'm new in moodeaudio, I've connected raspberry pi 3b+, and access point is activated.
I would like to get internet access from the access point connection, but it doesn't work.

Could anyone help me to solve it?

RE: No Access Point - LeVolatile - 03-04-2020

(04-12-2018, 11:54 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi Tim,

I just update to 4.6.2 version and I had an issue very close to this one :

Quote:Try the following:

1. Open the Network config screen and set the Wifi country code to your locale then reboot.
I can connect to AP but I cannot connect to GUI neither with Chrome or Firefox.  Both displays "connection timeout" even if I wait 10 minutes and retry.  BTW how can I change the country code? I can't connect to GUI.  Do you means me Smartphone? I don't know how.  My Samsung Galaxy A5 is set for Canada maybe within the subscriber SIM card.

Quote:2. If the AP still does not appear on your Smartphone then leave the Pi running and plug in an Ethernet cable.
It appears but like I said, unable to connect with any Browser.  So I connected a Wifi dongle directly to my desktop computer and I was able to connect directly to Moode AP and navigate through the GUI.  From there I was able to do so even if the default Moode WiFi setting is US.  Then I changed it for Canada and retry to access the GUI with my Smartphone.  No luck! Exactly the same result.

Quote:3. Bring up the moOde UI and then Menu, Configure, System, then Menu System info
4. Click and drag to select all the content in the System info screen and then post it back to this thread

I'll have a look at it.
I did this an put the file as an attachment.

In my actual case, It's not a big concern but it could become one if this issue is not corrected.  During the summer, I go to a Paragliding club and play music during outdoor party.  At this club, they have electricity and Wifi Internet access but the only way to access is with our Smartphones.  No any desktop computer is available.

Thanks in advance

Christian

RE: No Access Point - Tim Curtis - 03-04-2020

Are u reporting an issue or requesting a feature?

RE: No Access Point - 3dcnc - 12-11-2020

Can I ask a stupid question. I am not familiar with Access Point mode. ( not clear in my reading of the setup intructions for beginners)

My understanding: If you want to control the Rasberry Pi with your phone, without wifi access you can use Access point mode. I have only mangaed to get it in this mode once. I am still trying.
Could be a bad image /install. My SD card failed.

What I am not 100% on , I assume if my phone is connected to the Rasberry in AP mode . The rasberry will only play music it stores on a storage (usb) connected to it. It wont be able to access the internet via the phone - so radio stations wont work. Is this correct?

In AP mode, the phone connects directly with the Rasberry, not via a router and and my office/home/local wifi signal?

The reason it stores the password as a PK code is to protect it form hacking? Is this correct? I still put in the password in as normal when needed. ( Not the PK encripted password)

This would be helpful if it is included in setup instructions for beginners. I would assume most people would start with this basic setup. Rasberry,phone, and USB storage.

RE: No Access Point - Tim Curtis - 12-11-2020

I think the most common connection is either Ethernet or WiFi to home Router. AP mode is really meant for initial setup to configure WiFi when you don't want to or are unable to connect an Ethernet cable. I don't know which is more popular, USB storage or NAS for music collection.

Correct, AP mode can only play files stored locally on the Pi. It does not provide connection ti the Internet.
Correct, storing the plaintext password as a PSK is to improve security.

RE: No Access Point - 3dcnc - 12-14-2020

Thank You. Just a little feedback

Moode with ethernet cable works perfectly

I have tried to get the AP to work , checking that the country code is correct for the UK (Europe /London) . I flashed the card 3 times  to make sure the image was fine I . Thought maybe the wifi on my Pi was not working correctly, so I download Volumio to check. AP in in Volumio works fine - so not sure what I am doing wrong. Wifi connection is also not  working.

Thought that if I first got the wifi connection working , then switch to AP mode, it would help. I could not get the Wifi to connect all the time, if I did it did not seem to work correctly.

I have just bought an usb wifi dongle from the PiHut (Rasberry certified) , hoping this might do the trick . This still needs to be tested.

The reason, for doing this is because I might want to take the PI to a space without wifi access. The main use for the unit, is to play music stored on USB through the E1DA powerdac V2.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I will keep trying when I recieve my spare SD card. Does it require specfic steps to work?

Raspberry 3 B+
SanDisk Micro-SD-Card (32 GB) for the Moode Aduio- image