Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

New feature v 5 HTTP streaming
@ Dev Team and contributors much appreciation and thanks for latest version, plan to upgrade today. One new feature,HTTP streaming caught my attention.  I would like to learn more about this new feature starting with the type of scenarios this feature could be used?
+1
I Googled it but didn't find anything that made sense to me in the context of music and MoOde.
You can listen your music from everywhere on every device, or using your box as a web radio.
Use your phone for instance, type in the IP address of your moOde player and add ":8000" assuming you left it all at default.
So in my case I would use in a browser on my cellphone: 192.168.1.77:8000
and then after pressing start you can listen to the music on your smartphone. Cool hé...
Of course your moOde player itself must be running.

Johan
 :@
Thanks guys. Cool indeed........possibly.
Yes it works, isn't life wonderful?
Very nifty. Once I have basic setup that is one feature I will definitely like to try out. Want to take in all the new features, one byte at a time.

Thanks very much
You can now also use a MPD client on your cellphone, and control AND listen at the same time.
M.A.L.P.-MPD Client or Soundirok work just fine :-) (=Android)
The feature creates an HTTP streaming server using either FLAC or LAME (MP3) encoding at the designated port (default=8000). This allows you to connect to it using virtually any music player and listen to what MPD is playing locally. It's kind of like having your own radio station.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Isn't he great, ladies and gentlemen, our good friend Tim, and his dedicated team of volunteers?
Enough to put him up for a (monthly) donation.... :-)

J
(03-09-2019, 06:38 PM)JST1963 Wrote: Use your phone for instance, type in the IP address of your moOde player and add ":8000" assuming you left it all at default.
So in my case I would use in a browser on my cellphone: 192.168.1.77:8000
and then after pressing start you can listen to the music on your smartphone. Cool hé...
Of course your moOde player itself must be running.

Johan

Does that mean that if you were streaming on that IP I could connect and listen to Radio Johan from anywhere that has the internet?
(Don't worry, I'm not planning to do that.) Big Grin