Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Spotify Connect
Has anyone heard anything about Spotify connect going away....rumor has it Spotify will drop support.

Anyone?
Can you provide any links to information that supports this "rumor"?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-03-2019, 11:01 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Can you provide any links to information that supports this "rumor"?

So you're asking where I heard the rumor from.... 

It was on a Volumio forum.... 

I too am looking for something that 'substantiates' this rumor, so far I don't have anything to 'support' it hence the thread. I've been digging through Spotify threads looking for this as a subject.

Now I regret asking b/c I feel I will be labeled as someone who 'spreads' rumors. Therefore let me reiterate, I am asking....not saying or inferring. Reason being is to first see if someone can provide supporting links etc. and then to prepare if it is substantiated.
If you are not willing to post the link then obviously there is a major problem with your post and thread.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-03-2019, 11:48 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: If you are not willing to post the link then obviously there is a major problem with your post and thread.

Hmmmm

Here is one thread that speaks of the issue....not really wanting to 'spread' rumors like this

https://forum.volumio.org/spotify-connect-t10004.html

I will look for the other thread that speaks to the issue more directly.

On the other hand you could delete the thread, if you feel I am coming across as a troll. Somehow I always seem to rub people the wrong way on message boards. Either way, I'll look for the other thread and post it if you decide to keep the thread.

Cheers.
The problem for me is that you have crossposted a l-o-n-g thread from Volumio which started a year ago instead of reading recent posts in your own moOde forum. Only the last few posts in the Volumio thread are relevant anymore and we have already pushed past the problem they cite.

Regards,
Kent
(04-04-2019, 12:59 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: The problem for me is that you have crossposted a l-o-n-g thread from Volumio which started a year ago instead of reading recent posts in your own moOde forum. Only the last few posts in the Volumio thread are relevant anymore and we have already pushed past the problem they cite.

Regards,
Kent

Of course you understand I didn't want to ****Crosspost threads from other forums*****

Here is another post in a different forum related to spotify connect
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
jalei

jalei   Newbie   ‎2019-02-07 05:45 PM
Do you think it is a fair policy to the paying customer to stop supporting Spotify connect for devices that was bought in trust of having Spotify connect?

I have 2 devices: Libratone Zipp Classic and Denon AVr-X2100 (only 3 years old!)

Spotify support tells me that they haved decided not to support Spotify Connect for these devices anymore.  I understand from HI-FI Klubben it is also concerns Yamaha and Onkyo.

- I have bought my devices in trust on continously working of high quality of streaming and better user experience of easy connecting.
-  If I knew that Spotify can choose to support a device for only 3 years - I will not ever trust in buying a device with Spotify Connect.

-  maybe other like me have put many hours in getting it work with firmware upgrades etc.
- Spotify gives no technical reasons for stopping the support.
- Spotify gives no refunds.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bottom line is.....I am reading more and more about Spotify not supporting spotify connect going forward. I posted here to see if anyone else read similar posts elsewhere....not actually do defend myself.

Started out as a simple enough request, just asking if anyone heard of Spotify connect being phased out. Didn't think there would be a "problem" with me asking that.

Dodgy
Last year Spotify announced they will drop support for some of AV devices (partially or completely, depending if manufacturer can upgrade the firmware or not), because they upgrade their backend platform.
Nothing to worry for us.
(04-04-2019, 06:05 AM)TookaFace Wrote: Last year Spotify announced they will drop support for some of AV devices (partially or completely, depending if manufacturer can upgrade the firmware or not), because they upgrade their backend platform.
Nothing to worry for us.

Wow thanks for the sensible response.

Don't worry I won't demand that you posted links to prove the Spotify announcement. You're are great example to others.

Big Grin
https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/...neer-denon

We’re changing the availability of the built-in Spotify app on some speakers and sound systems. If you’re unsure whether your device is affected, check with your device’s manufacturer.

https://support.spotify.com/us/article/i...y-speaker/