Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: issues setting up NFS mount
**note** fresh install of 4.4

'm really feeling like a clown for having to post this, and i'm sure i'm just missing something really simple, but I cant seem to get a NFS mount to work for a source. (at all)

I'm guessing I have the wrong syntax or something, because the NFS mount works via the CLI when I ssh into the box. I've tried the following....

[Image: kH7aSPr.png]

Which results in a red check mark and the following error

20190412 232332 worker: Job sourcecfg

20190412 232332 wrk_sourcemount(): Mount error: (mount.nfs: mount point /mnt/NAS/FS does not exist)
20190412 232335 worker: Job updmpddb

I enabled debug logging, and it seems like I get less logging from mount process???

Using a normal NFS mount via the CLI seems to work just fine though...

sudo mount -t nfs 192.168.0.110:/mnt/bulk/media/music /mnt/test
Its odd that with debug logging enabled there is no record of the mount string in the log given the presence of the code below in the sourceMount() function in /var/www/inc/playerlib.php

Code:
$sysoutput = sysCmd($mountstr);
debugLog('sourceMount(): mountstr=(' . $mountstr . ')');
debugLog('sourceMount(): sysoutput=(' . implode("\n", $sysoutput) . ')');

To troubleshoot I'd first make sure that /mnt/NAS dir exists. There is no code in moOde that deletes it and its part of the platform build so it should definitely be there.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-13-2019, 06:34 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Its odd that with debug logging enabled there is no record of the mount string in the log given the presence of the code below in the sourceMount() function in /var/www/inc/playerlib.php

Code:
$sysoutput = sysCmd($mountstr);
debugLog('sourceMount(): mountstr=(' . $mountstr . ')');
debugLog('sourceMount(): sysoutput=(' . implode("\n", $sysoutput) . ')');

To troubleshoot I'd first make sure that /mnt/NAS dir exists. There is no code in moOde that deletes it and its part of the platform build so it should definitely be there.

-Tim

/MNT/NAS is definitely not there... I'll create it and see what I get.

Strange though if its part of the iso. All I did was use etcher to write it to SD and booted it up. I didnt do any trickery
haha now it works after the creations of the NAS folder.

crazy.

I'll image another SD card later to see if i can replicate that missing NAS folder condition.
Hi,

Thanks for confirming that /mnt/NAS was not there. I think this must be a bug because the dir is present on the ISO and there is no code in moOde that explicitly deletes it. I'll need to examine the code and see if I can noodle it out or possibly repro.

If u get a repro, please post the steps :-)
Enjoy the Music!
Confirmed that this is a bug. Fixed in moOde 5 :-)
Enjoy the Music!
(04-13-2019, 10:19 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Confirmed that this is a bug. Fixed in moOde 5 :-)

haha nice man.

Glad I could help out. Just waiting on my cable shipment from BlueJeans to put this thing to use. thanks for your time and effort to this project.