Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

power outage = unhappy moOde sd
We had a short power outage last night the result of which is a corrupted moOde installation.

1. I am happy to contribute the sd card for forensic examination.

2. Does anyone have any ideas on how to prevent this? (The only idea I have seen that seems to make sense is to direct all logging to a usb device.)

Thanks in advance for any ideas,

John

PS My moOde el84 single-ended streamer is coming along very nicely. I should be able to close the chassis and have a listen over the weekend.
SD cards being what they are can fail. Best to have a backup and reimage a new one. Tell me more about your EL84 streamer!
(07-04-2019, 06:06 PM)dcoffey Wrote: Tell me more about your EL84 streamer!

I prefer relatively simple amps. This one is a single ended design producing only a few watts so efficient speakers are a must. The power tubes are el84s driven by a 6n1p, though I am considering switching to a 6dj8. LED bias for the 6n1p is the only 'interesting' feature, otherwise it is a design that could have been done 50 years ago. I'll post pics and a schematic when I'm done. The Pi and dac are powered with a meanwell supply through the gpio pins, I am using a slightly modified Hifiberry pro + dac, and I have installed a shutdown button and script to facilitate a clean turn off. All in all, this is a very nice little streamer.

John

PS Running 5.4 beta 2, had one mysterious halt in playback last night. The system became unresponsive, I could still see the ip address on the network, but no control, ssh etc. Worked fine again on reboot.
I am a tube amp fan,specifically for electric guitar. I have a modded Fender Blues Junior. Most of the mods are to address design shortcuts/price cutting strategies. Bigger transformer, better caps, rerouting the input, things of that nature. I sounds much better than from the factory. Based on your response your knowledge of tube amps far exceeds mine!
My amp of choice for electric guitar was a Fender Pro Jr. :-) A real workhorse with a great tubey sound.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(07-08-2019, 12:44 AM)dcoffey Wrote: I am a tube amp fan,specifically for electric guitar.  I have a modded Fender Blues Junior.  Most of the mods are to address design shortcuts/price cutting strategies.   Bigger transformer, better caps, rerouting the input, things of that nature.  I sounds much better than from the factory.   Based on your response your knowledge of tube amps far exceeds mine!

Never worked on a Fender amp, but I built a couple of guitar amps out of Bell & Howell 16mm Film-o-Sound projectors. Looked pretty cool and sounded good to me. Have you heard of Uncle Doug? I love his videos.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuR4hQT...ozLxwPzEjQ

Enjoy,

John
Why not run your Pi via a 5000mah portable battery unit that is permanently on charge. Acts as a mini UPS keeping the Pi running whatever happens.